Sleeping through the night..

Thread: Sleeping through the night..

DefaultSleeping through the night..

I was just wondering if anyone else had this same issue. We rescued riley on sunday and she is 8 weeks old.
    She has been great in the house and at night. BUT, she does wake up every 2 hours. We put her to bed at 1030 and she is up at 1230.
    Tonight I took her water at 9 and will leave her out again right around 1030. IF anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Sleeping through the night..

I would take her water up sooner -- say 7:30. If you get her really worked up and you think she needs water you could give her a few "laps" or try an icecube.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

You need to tire her out before bed. Just playing in your house and yard is plenty of stimulation for an 8 week old. Aim to keep her up for an hour before bed. Run around your yard, throw toys, etc., and just get her moving until she has expended that energy. Then before bed make sure she potties, straight in the crate, NO fuss, lights off and leave the room. At 8 weeks old you will probably need to get up at least once in the night with her. When you do, follow the same process. No fuss, straight into the yard to potty, praise and straight back into the crate with lights off. If she continues to make a fuss, ignore her. She will will get it -- give her time!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I did, I took her for a walk last night and potty before bed. She peed this morning I dont know if I didnt hear her or what.
    I felt so bad. I do take her out usually twice. If she goes to bed at 1030 we are out at 1 and at 330-400. Then we are up at about 5.
    Thanks so much for the advie

It might take a few weeks before she sleeps through the night. I think Oona was 11 weeks before she slept through the night.
    Olie