What is going on??

Thread: What is going on??

DefaultWhat is going on??

Right, Lizzie has just turned 1 last week.. for months now she has been a really good girl.. all of a sudden she is on the chew again, when she was a younger pup she liked to chew up the kids toys, shoes, paper, etc.. well it has started again we are shocked because we havn't had to crate her for months ??? she could be well and truly trusted.. I am particulary upset as today she chewed up several birthday cards and a birthday pressie (a book) I had just purchased.. I had placed these items on top of the computer (quite high up) and I just can't believe it.. anyway she has plenty of excercise and is played with constantly.. and since her birthday she has had alot of chewy toys (as that is her thing) and has seemed completly happy!! could she be testing her boundaries/teenage thing?? I really don't want to crate her again after so much freedom but I feel we have too.. by the way she knows it is wrong to chew up these items as usually when we get home she is so excited and happy but when she has been on the chew she hides from us?? I am also wondering if it is a bit of separation anxiety???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What is going on??

I have a friend who has a 1 and a half year old lab and he starting to nibble on the walls for no reason when they were at work which he never did before. When he went on a work trip and the wife was home the lab chewed up one of there leather chairs. Before all of this she stopped her chewing stage also. It seemed to them that it was seperation anxiety. So you might have something there. Not sure what the answer is but thought that at least you would know that you are not the only one.

DefaultRe: What is going on??

Thanks ZoeysDad, it is nice to know we are not the only ones.. I feel sad that we have to crate her after such a long time of freedom... I will now spend my time out of the house worrying about her being crated.. as I know that she wil not be happy.. I am hoping it is a phase that she grow out of...