Spanking - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spanking

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Spanking

One thing I forgot to mention. 10 months old is prime time for the "teenager" phase of puppy hood. It is important to keep up with the training, reinforcing things that have already been taught. They can truly act "like a teenager" during this time... becoming deaf to your commands
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckeyball you are right!! Zoey loves the water. She loves the spray in the face, if we walk by sprinkler systems and they are going off she loves to put her face in them and at doggydaycare they say that she loves the water and is always wet when I pick her up. If there was some way for me to take her to a pool or lake I would do it all the time but I am in Colorado and winter is coming and I don't think it would be right for her to get wet outdoors and then get cold or run in the snow. Any ideas would be appreaciated.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeysDad
    I am in Colorado and winter is coming and I don't think it would be right for her to get wet outdoors and then get cold or run in the snow. Any ideas would be appreaciated.
    Remember that those double coats were designed for swimming in the cold fishing waters off Newfoundland. I've had Wesley swimming when the outside temp was in the 30s. Not for long before we retreated to the warmth of a towel and then the car, but he's done it.

Watch for cold tail, though. :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

good to know. Maybe then we will go for a swim this weekend.

I'll just add that we got a 25' retractable lead, tape not wire version, for dakota (also between 9-10 months old) when we took him hiking in a national park (strict leash laws on this trail) and it's great for the woods. I'm a huge hiker and was worried about hiking with a leash/getting it tangled/etc but I hardly noticed holding the leash, it's long enough to let them get ahead and behind and it almost never got tangled. It cost about 50 bucks but it was totally worth it! You may want to try one of those to get some "almost off-leash" excercise.

I'll throw in my two cents about stealing since our dogs are about the same age. I read a post on here a few days ago about teaching them to "bring" the object either to you or to a spouse. I've only been trying it for a few days and it works really well. Not only is dakota bringing me the things he steals but he brings me his toys all the time now. Just drops them at my feet. It's adorable and well worth a treat to keep him from stealing! Good luck!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345