Spanking - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanking

DefaultRe: Spanking

thanks Cocomom. Those are good ideas. My puppy has learned that the dinning room table is the place to be because everytime I go around one way she goes around the other and this can go on and on for 10 to 20 minutes if I let it. I thought about just walking away but then I also don't want her to swallow the stuffing and hurt herself. She is my little girl and I don't want to have to take her to the vet to get the stuffing out. I am thinking about pushing the dinning room table against the wall. It might look weird but atleast it will stop the game.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I agree about the exercise. Walking is just a warm up. If my dogs didn't get out twice a day for some off leash running they would be ripping holes in my furniture too.

Ok I agree with you two about off leash running. Where do you guys go to do that? In my community we are not allowed to have our dogs off leash and at such a young age I am nervous about letting her off leash to run because she loves to run after other people or other dogs to play. Her attention is every where. The only place that I can take her is a dog park which I do after work about two or three times a week.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeysDad
    Ok I agree with you two about off leash running. Where do you guys go to do that? In my community we are not allowed to have our dogs off leash and at such a young age I am nervous about letting her off leash to run because she loves to run after other people or other dogs to play. Her attention is every where. The only place that I can take her is a dog park which I do after work about two or three times a week.
    Buy a 30 ft. long line
    ~Lindsay

I have one and use it but that is still not running off leash

Where do I let mine off leash? anywhere I can. We don't have leash laws here.

I agree with Enders Mom. Get a 30ft line or a rectractable Flexi.

I may not be running off leash but you said yourself she is not ready. The 30ft line or a Flexi will give her a lot more freedom than a normal 4-6ft least would. Start training the recall then you can let her off leash for real.

excuse my ignorance about this but even if I have her on a 30 foot leash or a retractable aren't I still walking her?

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeysDad
    excuse my ignorance about this but even if I have her on a 30 foot leash or a retractable aren't I still walking her?
    Go to park
    attach 30 ft leash
    let it drag
    throw ball/bumper/favorite toy
    watch pup run
    call pup back

repeat starting at the "throw ball"
    ~Lindsay

We all walk our dogs. But walking doesn't just have to be on a leash. I love walking...I strongly recommend it for everyone BUT these dogs need to run sometimes. Yes, technically you will still be walking her, but everyone has to physically walk to go wherever they are going anyway. The point is that you are giving her some more freedom. Techincally, if you drop the 30ft leash and let her drag it she can free run.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast