Toys for Chewers???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toys for Chewers???

DefaultToys for Chewers???

Ranger at 6 months old can really go through the toys. His favorites are ropes...however, I have to watch it carefully or he eats it. He does not like rubber THAT much. So his tire and kong do not get a lot of play (unless there is a treat in the kong).

Often I will go to the Dollar General or a place like that and get toys for $1, and get a zillion. Cause they will last one day. I hate to buy something that is like $10-$15 at Petsmart and it lasts one day.

So what toys do you get that can last a bit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayofsun is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Toys for Chewers???

We had a hard time finding toys too. And so far we still can not have stuffed toys. The main ones here are rubber...strong rubber. The favorite is the orbee ball from www.planetdog.com , It is a hollow ball for fetching and inside we will stuff carrots in the hole for Raven to get out. We also have the hurley from www.sitstay.com (you can also get orbee ball here too). Like you said with Ranger, Raven doesn't really play too much with these toys unless we are playing with her. A lot of people recommend marrow bones but I think they are an outside/messy bone???? We also give sterilized white bones (which we sometimes put peanut butter in) or the durable nylabones for her to chew on. Good luck.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

http://www.dogtoys.com/jollyball10.html

Jolly Balls. Best toys ever. We have the ones pictured in the link and the ones with rope either end.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm going to check out these sites too; Thanks for the other good posts/suggestions.
    Bailey is 7 months & seems to go through most toys faster then I want to buy them & I'd rather buy her quality toys that will last. Stuffed toys are out for us too.
    Bailey also only likes & will play with her kongs if there are treats in there, after that she loses interest.
    The one thing she does have that keeps her interest for awhile & is tough is her large Nylabone.

We love the hurley's too.

Another favorite is the super sqwuggies from Katies Bumpers.* They have all sorts of toys made from fire hose.

http://www.katiesbumpers.com

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta has a couple of orbee balls and loves them. She does try to pull the Earth off of them though.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

I get Tydus like the huge bones to chew on though I dont think I will be doing that anymore because he gets so into them he breaks them down into shards and has gotten a few caught in his throat he was coughing for liek 3 days after he ate one.

Other than that he loves his rubber tire and just about anything else we can toss around and play with.

Miles is a really tough chewer and I finally had to go spend the money on some tough nylabone toys that I knew he couldn't break apart and swallow pieces of. I hated spending 13 or 14 on toys, but he needs to chew and he needs to be safe. Of course, he isn't destroying them so I am not having to replace them either.

We have the same problem with Emma, Jeanne. All of the Kong products work really well. Unfortunately, she can't have stuffed toys unsupervised. Even her good pool toys we put away and only let her have them in the pool.
    And the VOtoys work well for her...here is a link
    http://www.nextag.com/indestructible...oy/search-html

It's the 2nd ones down. We have 2 of them...they still look new. I think im going to order that drumstick for the puppy. That's pretty cute.

Both of my labs LOVE a toy called the Everlasting treat ball. Its a durable rubber ball that you insert these hard disc treats at each end and they can chew and chew until it wears down flat and it usually takes about a week to get through them and then you just buy refills. You can find them at petsmart, or at triplecrowndogs.com. The ball costs about 20.00 and comes w/one disc. The refills are 2 for 7 or 8 dollars. My dogs fav. flavor is chicken but they have liver and vanilla mint as well. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast