Ok, how can i ask it appropiately?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, how can i ask it appropiately?

DefaultOk, how can i ask it appropiately?

Levi is a year old just last week. Tonight I found him licking himself, which is not uncommon in most dogs. But, well, his penis was sticking out. All of it.

I have never seen this in a dog before. Now, before levi i've never owned a lab, just mostly smaller dogs and none of them ever did it. The whole thing is just sticking out and he's going at it. He also seems to kind of making a humping action.

What in the world is he doing?? lol Is this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ok, how can i ask it appropiately?

Be glad he is just now doing the humping thing so late in life. I had a mini schanauzer that started humping things at 2 months and continued to do so after he was fixed. He too would lick his boy parts too. They are dogs..it's what they do. No different than them eating their own vomit or poop. (YUCK)

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

He's being a normal young man...get used to it
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It doesn't mean they are aroused. You may see it come out when a male dog is simply hot.

You could teach a parlor trick: I used to say, "Your pee-pee's out" and my dog would reach around and get it back in. Great fun when my husband's friends would come over.

Or, maybe not. :

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

LOL, Rangersmom! We're like that too. We can tell Hud "Put that thing away" and he'll give it a lick and away it goes.

That's the life of a male dog...fixed or intact. I never know why people are so outraged or disgusted because their animal deals with it's own body...it's life. If you don't want to see the red rocket, get a girl.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

haha, Rock does that. It comes out when he's really happy or exited

I'll have to try those parlour tricks!
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Well its like the old joke goes. Why does a dog do that? Because he can! The comedian Eddie Murphy said that "if I could do that I would never leave the house!" Seriously he is just cleaning himself with the best instrument that he has, his mouth.
    Olie

This thread cracked me up - you guys are so great. I'm glad I read this one - Mellow is still young but I want to be prepared!

LOL.....I am right there with rangersmom.....our lab does the same thing. We just tell him to put your peepee away and it is like "oh yeah it's out" But we have been pretty luck with Sprocket I guess, he doesn't ever let it all out since the one time that he got overly excited and the whole thing was stuck out and he was in pain. I mean to tell you that boy wouldn't move! We actually thought we were going to have to take him to the vet, it took it like 2 hours for the whole thing to go back in. Has anyone else ever experienced that before? I was pretty scared!

Clarence does this sometimes too, we say "Put the lipstick away" and he tucks it back in.

Mamasboy-Clarence did that once too and it was late, after the vet was gone. I tried to touch it and it was bleeding a little bit. He wouldn't move for awhile and it finally went back in. I almost took him to the ER vet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast