The time has come......

Thread: The time has come......

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe time has come......

Rowan is 10 wks old today and she has been with us for 3 weeks on Saturday. It has been great because my dh has been home to look after her during the day when I am at work ~ hence she isn't in her crate much during the day and is able to get feed three times a day.....

Well, as usual.... all good things must come to an end...... Dh got a job yesterday and is leaving for Calgary on Sunday (9 hrs away) for a weeks training... and then will be in Grande Prairie ( an hour and a half away) for another addition two weeks.... then he will be out in 'camp' on the rigs for anywhere from 21-30 days at a time... SO.....

I am going to be working, looking after two kids, a cat and a puppy..... Rowan's lunch time feeding will have to be eliminated as I only have a half hour for lunch and running home will only allow for a potty break.....

Any tips for helping with this adjustment.... not only for me but for Rowan too.?????? ( I am going to start tomorrow cutting out the second feeding and giving her 1 1/4 cups twice a day).
    TIA
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The time has come......

No problem, she should adjust quickly. Frankie did, no problem. As long as you're upping her other two meals, she probably won't even notice.

Although the first day I had Frankie's lunch cut out, my dog walker left me a note saying Frankie looked at her like "What?! No lunch?!" ;D

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Bailey adjusted too very quickly after removing her third meal of the day & uping the other two.
    I'd loved to have had more time when Bailey was younger to stay home from work more often & not kennel her, but just isn't the situation I'm in at work to allow.
    Congrats on your dh's new job though!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You could continue three feedings a day if you wanted, just do it at a different time. Because Oona woofs her food I want to avoid bloat and feed her 4 times a day.
    Olie

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

I am feeding at 6 am and 4 pm. She has adjusted fine to the two feedings. Thanks everyone for the support!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•