THATS IT I'VE HAD IT!!!! PEEING ON FLOOR!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THATS IT I'VE HAD IT!!!! PEEING ON FLOOR!!!

DefaultTHATS IT I'VE HAD IT!!!! PEEING ON FLOOR!!!

It is driving me nuts! Ok and before anyone points a finger at me let me say I am taking him out as soon as he wakes up, as soon as I let him out of his crate and right after he eats. Also every 20 minutes in between while he is awake and running about the kitchen. If we play with him for more than 5 minutes we take him out right after as well. We have bells on the door and we ring them every time we go out, HE will only ring them when he has to poop. I jump up and down and scream and yell outside when he pees and we come inside and give him a treat every time.

He still manages to pee on the floor 3 times a day. Just now in fact. I took him out to pee and he did. We walked one round around the yard. Then back to the potty spot to see if he would poop. No poop so back inside, I walked him over to his toy area showed him his toys and went to wash my hands 5 feet away, came back to a huge puddle in the middle of the floor%!^&$^#%%*^!*()@^! This in like a 8 minute time frame. He does it to me several times a day some days and others he wont mess at all........... He can go for hours in his crate, in fact he has never soiled it in the month we have had him.

So I am not bitching for nothing. My question is, Can I crate him most of the time? Like 40 minutes every hour? 20 minutes out, 40 minutes in etc...? I am home all day with him but I do have a house to clean and kids to take care of. I think right now I spend quite a bit of time with him and just like a new mom I feel guilty if I don't so I hate crating him when I am in the same room, cooking and washing dishes but it seems like if we are not actively playing with him he gets bored and pees on the floor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: THATS IT I'VE HAD IT!!!! PEEING ON FLOOR!!!

OK now that I am done with my immidiate need to rant I see the other 2 posts just this week about the same thing.....duh...

But riddle me this, how come he can sit in his crate for 4 hours with out peeing but when he is out he has to pee every 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon
    But riddle me this, how come he can sit in his crate for 4 hours with out peeing but when he is out he has to pee every 15 minutes?

Because he's quiet in his crate and he's active when he's out.* When do you need to use the bathroom most? When you are active, right?* I mean you can sleep 8 hrs at night without going but when you are awake during the day do you hold it 8 hrs?* No.* Why? Because you are active.*

A puppy doesn't have good bladder control. He has to develop it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DUH....

never said I was a brainiac.......

He's still a wee baby. It will get better in time. Hang in there!!

Dani is offline Senior Member

This in like a 8 minute time frame
    NEVER turn your back on a puppy. When you can't supervise him, crate him..yes even for 8 minutes.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Yep, either crate or tethered to you. He has too much freedom too soon.

You're on the right track, just need a bit more supervision.

You potty him thoroughly, you play with him and he goes into the crate with a chew toy. Have the crate in a room where he mostly sees you and he won't feel alone and hopefully you won't feel guilty. Pups need quite a bit of rest/sleep - helps them grow. He doesn't soil his crate cause that is his 'house'. It will get better - be patient.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

You are losing your cool w/ what is basically a baby. Goodness, it takes 2 to 3 years to potty train a human ... it's much shorter w/ a puppy! ;D

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Yup, crate him when he isn't under your direct supervision. I've said it before and I'll say it again - potty training is so much more human vigilance than anything else at this point. You drop your guard, they widdle. You keep your guard up, you teach 'em the right place to pee. Mistakes at this age are only blamable on the human, not the pup. They are after all wee babies.

Chin up. We've all been there, on our hands and knees mopping up puppy pee or poop. It's not pleasant, but part of what comes with the responsibility and the reward of having a great dog.

Gannon will just click one day and you won't really remember all the bad pee times. Just the good stuff. Til he eats your couch.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast