A nervous Mom

Thread: A nervous Mom

DefaultA nervous Mom

Bailey is going this Thursday to be spayed & her mom (me) is nervous. :P
    I totally trust the vet & know everything will go good, just my personality to get nervous before these type of things.
    I also know we have to keep her settled down for a few days after the surgery; how did everyone else do this?
    I'm stocking up on inside/mind toys to occupy her time!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A nervous Mom

I'm like that too! Brigetta was spayed a few months ago and she was on "rest" for 10 days. She was fine the first day and a half I believe and slept most of the time. Then she was back to her old self. I had to keep her entertained with chew toys. I work during the day so I didn't worry about her being in her crate, but it was challenging once I got home, but we made it through it. Good luck.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

To give you an idea about how hard it is to hurt themselves, the day after Oona came back from surgery she jumped over the back of the couch in the graduate studio! She never did that before and has never done it since. I think she was trying to give me a heart attack! The stiches held. I wouldn't recommend letting her do this but it gives you an idea about what they have to do to get the stiches out. If the vet has one I would recommend getting an Elizabethian collar so she doesn't pull the stiches out.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The Kongs stuffed with goodies- frozen yogurt, frozen peanut butter
    This is good for at least an hour of calm chewing.
    You can still walk her also to tire her out.

I dont blame you for being nervous! That's your baby and it's understandable. She'll do great! Good luck

tomorrow is the big day huh?? i'm sure everthing will go fine. i know you're probably getting alot of hugs and kisses in. let us know how things go

Yeah, I drop her off at 7:00 am tomorrow morning; we're going to get a lot of lovin' in tonight for sure!!
    I will update on how everything goes.
    Thanks everyone for the advice & kind words!

Well, it's our big day & I dropped Bailey off at 7:00 this morning. She was so excited, as always to be at the vet (maybe she'll change her mind after this visit ).
    They said I can call after lunch (or anytime) to see how she's doing, but won't pick her up until tomorrow afternoon. I'm doing better today then I thought, so that's good. I'll update this afternoon after my lunchtime phone call.

I called on my lunch hour & the vet said that everything went well & she's doing good. ;D
    Can't bring her home until tomorrow, so I guess we'll get to enjoy the night puppy-free!

so did you get her back yet? let us know

We're going after work, in an hour, to pick her up (wasn't able to take off work early today & we couldn't pick her up until after 9:00 AM); I'm getting so excited to see her!! I thought I'd be so nice without her to keep an eye on all night & it was, but still miss her like crazy. It makes me think, what did I do with all my free time before we had her.
    I'm sure she'll be happy to see us too, but hopefully a little low-key at least for tonight. :P