Advice Needed......

Thread: Advice Needed......

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultAdvice Needed......

Rowan is just over 8 weeks old and this is her feeding schedule...... why should she still be having to go outside to relieve herself TWICE through the night??

Breakfast at 7 am
    Lunch at 11-12 pm
    Supper at 4 pm

She is only had one accident in the house yesterday but that was my fault and she is outside in the evening several times with her last times being 11 ish - 12 ish sometimes.

We take the water away by 7:30 ~ granted she has had diarrhea but shouldn't things be out of her system by that hour? How can I get a full nights sleep?? :-[
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Advice Needed......

You wait. A pup is still a baby. You will have to lose some sleep for a couple of more weeks.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Yep, it took us 6 weeks after bringing CoCo home to get a full nights sleep! :-\ But then it gets better and you forget all about it!
    ~Jo & CoCo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I thought something was wrong as everyone seems to be having puppies that age sleeping through the night. :-[

Zora is 5 months.In the evening, Zoras last time out is at 10:30pm. She gets up w/ hubby at 4:00am; pees and poops and come back to bed until 7:00am. It will take some time! Just like babies, all pups are not the same.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Pretty normal for an 8 week old. Remember that they can only hold it for a few hours. Just like human babies they don't have a lot of bladder control at that age. Give her while.

I think Kaycie was 4 months old before I got a full nights sleep. Now she groans at me when the alarm clock goes off lol. So I wouldn't worry. Maybe her food doesn't sit well with her? Just a thought.

I am in the midst of trying to get her off the food the breeder had her on ~ Royal Canin Maxi as I can't get it where I live and the closest place is 4 hours away. I am mixing it with her new food though. :-\

It might just be that her tummy isn't like most pups, or maybe she's just one of those little stink pots that likes to see their mom in the middle of the night. lol keeps away nightmares ya know lol ;D

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I honestly think people who say their 8 week old pup sleeps through the night, are lying or else their dog is in a far away part of the house. ;D Granted, their are some who do sleep through the night, but I like to tell myself that they don't. It made me feel waaaaaaaaay better when I wasn't getting sleep at night.

Abby was about 4 months, maybe 5 before she slept all the way through. I hated it, but I never felt bad, I just looked at it as an extra opportunity for her to get out, as opposed to having hold it through the night,as well as all of her crate time during the day. That helps those sleepless nights too.

Don't think there is anything wrong with her. She's still getting used to you guys and the new routine, and she's still a baby. She'll let you sleep all night soon. Okay, maybe not soon, but eventually.

Hang in there. Coffee is your new best friend. And lunch hour naps. Those help too.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.