Harness Help

Thread: Harness Help

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultHarness Help

The leash/collar thing wasn't working very well. With Rowan's diarrhea problems that have been happening for over a week we just couldn't fight it anymore. (Someone suggested adding some rice and we started that at breakfast and she is a little better) but we bought her a harness today ~ although she doesn't really enjoy it we get her to walk with us a little further than we would have the leash/collar.
    I guess my question is: how do we motivate her or get her to start walking in the yard without hurting her or really ticking her off?? :
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: Harness Help

With a puppy that Young you are going to have trouble. They want to stick close to what they know.
    Just try a few more steps each time you go out. Walk around and around and around and around and around and around in the same spot, close to the house. that way she feels safer.

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Yes, we've been staying in the backyard ( and will continue to) until she has all her shots.
    That is what I was thinking too Kathryn ~ she is now usually going potty as soon as she is outside.. if I have her on the harness then... she is fine... and then if I just try a few steps and unclip her when she done those and try to add more each time.....sounds like a plan!! Thanks!!! ;D
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

You are welcome! ;D

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I would leave it on for a few hours when you are there to supervise. Just like kids, puppies take time to adjust to 'wearing clothes'.

If you make it a matter of fact occurence, no big deal, your puppy will soon accept either a collar or harness.