Fur today and gone tommorow

Thread: Fur today and gone tommorow

DefaultFur today and gone tommorow

Hey fellow lab lovers,
    My cocoa beans is 8 months old now ;D healthy and growing, I just have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. When she was a few months old she lost her cute fluffy puppy fur, in clumps all over(OK I admit I panicked and brought her in to the vet who reassured me she didn't have an incurable disease) well in a few weeks she had dark chocolate fur to replace the puppy fur. I thought she was so beautiful, OK I'm a little partial here, but it was so dark and silky. Well today we noticed that she is staring to get lighter around her neck and shoulders and the fur is a little longer then before! I am wondering if other labs do the same thing or is my dog the "Michael jackson" of the dog world?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MTI Guest

DefaultRe: Fur today and gone tommorow

It's normal. It's hard not to miss that "velvet" puppy fur and even now we still search for any remnants, like around the ears and neck.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Absolutely normal. Other people have posted in the past that their chocolates have gone through the same thing. Brigetta's coat is also going through that right now. I've noticed that on some areas she is definitely lighter.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Well it's good to know that she is normal! well as normal as a crazed 8 month old choc lab can be ,

Thanks for the replys

Mischa has developed a lighter spot on her back end. It looks like someone gave her highlights in her but. I miss the puppy fur too, but will soon be reunited when we get Bailey home on Monday