Rabbit Poop

Thread: Rabbit Poop

DefaultRabbit Poop

I live in a place where there are a ton of rabbits sooo there is a ton of poop. My puppy likes to eat this when I am outside walking here or when she is going potty. I don't know what she is thinking. They can't possibly taste that good. Any ideas on how to stop this unwanted behavior?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kym

DefaultRe: Rabbit Poop

You should work on the "leave it" command, that being said, Lola does "leave it" for anything but tasty poo. I've tried everything, she'll "leave it" for food, the cat, a super special treat, anything else she should't have, but not poop. So, I guess I'm not really that much help. Funny side note, my trainer told me that some trainers actually use rabbit poo for training treats, they are super reinforcing, I'd probably just ask the vet if it's bad to eat.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Buddy love Cocoa Puffs...ugh....rabbit poop. The worst thing that's happened to him is getting tapeworms from it.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I too have a lot of rabbits where we live, but have not had to deal with this behavior yet.

I have this same issue with Bailey, we have a ton of rabbits in our yard/area.
    I've tried using "leave it", but just like kym said, she'll listen to it for all other things except this!! ???
    That's a good idea to ask the vet if it's that bad for them or not, I think I'll have to do that.