diva's walk =)

Thread: diva's walk =)

Defaultdiva's walk =)

well i took peoples advice and took diva on a short walk, i took our cocker spaniel freddy with us too. i think we only walked for about 10 to 15 minutes i didn't want to over do it on the first time. but they got a good little work out. they are both laying in my room panting and somewhat resting now. i'll probably take them both back outside again later on for another walk. seems that when they walk together they get along better. when i walked into the house with them they just stood beside each other and were fine, diva didn't pounce on him or try and bite his head and freddy didn't snap at her. which is great. i think the more they walk together the more they'll be able to get along. ;D they both wanted to keep walking but like i said i didn't want to over do it. i think i'll just start off with walking them in short lengths and work up to longer lengths of time.

;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: diva's walk =)

When I walk my two together...they also get along a lot better too. Diva is beautiful...I love her coloring.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear you are getting her out and about. Definitely keep it up!*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    When I walk my two together...they also get along a lot better too. Diva is beautiful...I love her coloring.
    awhh thanks a lot. i always get a lot of compliments on diva's coloring that's what i love about her, her coloring. her colors don't seem to stay the same, since she's turned two years old she's starting get some more blonde in her, like her legs look like a dirty kind of blonde mixed with some brown. her mom was fully blonde and her dad was black mixed with some brown/redish spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Glad to hear you are getting her out and about. Definitely keep it up!*
    i will =) i'm trying to find some more areas around my neighborhood that i can walk her around. that's the only sucky thing about living in town. we don't have many places that are just scenery and grass and you can walk around on, not unless you drive like 20 or more minutes away to a park we have. i don't really like that park either it's kind of run down and isn't what it use to be. so i've been trying to figure out somewhere around here close to where i live that i can walk her and freddy, i'm sure she'll get bored with walking up and down the street of our neighborhood after awhile lol

the only thing is that i'm def. going to have to get her a harness there is no way i can keep walking her with just a leash and that's it. she pulls too much and drags me like a rag doll. my arms are super sore today from walking her and freddy the other day.

Glad things are going better. Nice job getting him out. Keep it up. There are harnesses that are specifically made to help with pulling. Be sure you get the right kind. Some actually encourage pulling and you don't want that.

Dani is offline Senior Member

SHe's pulling you because you haven't trained her. Walking is a start...but classes are definately needed. I don't like the harnesses personallyl.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Glad to hear you got Diva and Freddy out for a walk.

If you haven't been walking Diva on a leash it's going to take time for you to train her to stop pulling and walk nicely.

FallRiver has posted some excellent tips on loose leash walking in this thread https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,16082.0.html and this thread is packed with information on loose leash walking https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,7359.0.html

Classes are really great; a trainer can help you with the issues that you've mentioned and it's good mentally and physically for Diva.