Lindy could be a professional paper shredder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindy could be a professional paper shredder

DefaultLindy could be a professional paper shredder

It seems someone is always leaving papers too close to the edge of the kitchen table and Lindy promptly shreds them into tiny pieces the minute she's alone. Is this a puppy thing she will outgrow or do we need to do something to teach her??? and if so, how???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Lindy could be a professional paper shredder

I dunno...my Autumn is a paper shredder and is 3 now..still loves the stuff. I had a foster that was over 2 and OBSESSED with toilet paper and kleenex..seems like some dogs just have a thing for it.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

I doubt she'll grow out of it... the things they seem to enjoy the most will stick with them if we don't do something about it, lol!

If its just the kitchen table, I would work on training her to stay away from *anything* on it... since that would be a good habit anyhow.* There are other posts with advice about counter surfing in this section of the forum as well.

Good luck, and let us know what works (and what doesn't)!!
    ~Jo & CoCo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MTI Guest

We have a "shredder" too. Newspapers, paper napkins, the occasional magazine left on an end table. Ours also developed a talent for surgically removing the little cloth tags on his plush toys, doesn't damage the toy, but they are all "tag-less."

Haha, I feel your pain. Burrito is a paper/plastic/bottle demon and will grab/knock everything off of the computer table. Having 3 roomates, it is pretty tough to make sure everyone cleans up their messes every single day....I come home and immediately have to clean up some crap or another.

well it's good to know I'm not alone with this problem. Before we got her I couldn't really relate to "the dog ate my homework" excuse but we had to send away for another set of registration papers for my son's camp due to Lindy "inspecting" them too closely. LOL.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Sammi has finally found a club she belongs to ;D, maybe we should start a paper shredder's anonymous! Always thought/hoped, that she would grow out of this, but it might be our fate for life. Quess that's why they get you to love them so much, so you can forgive there fault's and they ours!!

I made the mistake once, and only once, of leaving a few days worth of newspaper on top of the crate -- who knew she'd pick it thru the openings and shred it all?? : As well as the blanket we had covering her crate, giving her that "den" feeling....ate that too!

I have decided to use a puppy gate while I am not home so Burrito cant grab my bills off of the table anymore....My trainer told me that if you arent there watching them, you cant really effectively correct them and put a stop to it. Crate them, keep them outside, or block off part of the house when you arent paying attention and I think that your problem will taper off a bit. Otherwise, make sure you clean off your tables/counters EVERY time before you leave....good luck! I feel your pain!
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie
    I made the mistake once, and only once, of leaving a few days worth of newspaper on top of the crate -- who knew she'd pick it thru the openings and shred it all?? : As well as the blanket we had covering her crate, giving her that "den" feeling....ate that too!
    haha.. My Dakota did the same thing.. I acutally can't put any objects around or above her crate.. She always seems to drag everything inside her crate.. lol.. She even ripped up a piece of the carpet when she was in her crate.. :-\

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast