Toys for Crates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toys for Crates

DefaultToys for Crates

Does anybody have any suggestions on what kind of toys that you would leave in her crate when you are at work? My puppy is 8months and I used to leave her stuffed puppy and one of her dolls that we brought home with her from the breeders. She hasn't chewed on either one but I figured one of these days she might and swallow the squeaky. Any suggestions on toys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Toys for Crates

I'd say a Kong or one of those rubber tire toys...one of those balls that is maze like ~
    I can't wait to hear the answer to this one myself
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Kongs with frozen treats coated with frozen yogart will be a popluar answer... My dog wont touch anything unless its food in his crate. I leave bones all the time and they aren't chewed until shes happy with us watching her...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

The only thing I trust in the crate are nylabones. They are virtually indestructable and the only thing I feel safe with. The non-edible ones of course!!!! Oh, and a black kong with something special in it (treat, peanut butter, baby carrots).

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I leave the non-edible nylabones and a frozen kong stuffed with plain yogurt and banana sealed with peanut butter or a busy buddy stuffed with kibble. I'm afraid to leave anything that she could possibly tear apart.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Since the dog will most likely resign itself to sleeping in the crate, I wouldn't even bother with a toy.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I leave frozen stuffed kongs & nylabones (inedible). I have nylabones in all shapes and sizes and I just rotate them out.

Oakley gets her nylabone and sometimes her Kong but I found a "bamboo" doll that is very tough. She can't destroy it. but I don't think she plays with her toys in the crate anyway, unless it is filled with food!

MTI Guest

NY Times crossword puzzle, but I'm thinking on switching him from a pen to pencil, it just to hard sometimes. ;D

During the day, in the crate, we don't really trust any toys, even the kongs, when unattended.

Wow, we take his collor off, but every toy is in there. I never considered him getting into trouble. HE likes chewing his stuffed dinosarur in there with the squeaky legs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast