Strange...

Thread: Strange...

Rocksypup is offline Member

DefaultStrange...

A baffling story...

Rocksy encountered a green gas canister in our back yard today, left there by our landlord. She absolutely freaked out when she saw it - and ran away behind a tree! She edged back to it ever so carefully, hunched down, tail between her legs, sniffing the air - but would get no closer than a couple yards or so before running away again.
    She has never had a bad experience with a cylindrical green object as far as I'm aware - so why the hell was she so scared of it?!?! Could it have been something she saw before we got her when she was very young?
    I just laughed my head off, and am again now as I remember it!

Aren't they weird??!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Servant2Lexus is offline Member

DefaultRe: Strange...

Perhaps the way it smelled scared her or made her worry about what it was... ???

*~ Sarina ~* - Proud servant to Lexus...<br />

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Who knows? One of those fear period things. What did you do? I would just walk up to it, pick it up and put it back down. One Rocksy sees the leader of her pack isn't concerned about it, she won't be either.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta does that with anything new she encounters outside. Last week BellSouth was digging up the yard where she plays/goes to the bathroom and they had their trucks on the grass. She freaked out! She tried to run back to the porch, she had her tail between her legs. I felt sorry for her, but at the same time I couldn't help but roll my eyes and laugh at her. I made her walk by the trucks and acted like it was no bid deal...I don't know if I should have or not...I just don't want her to be afraid of every thing.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Dogs are sensitive to anything strange or different in their environment. This is especially true when they're younger. I remember when my Puff (YF, AKC field line, 63 lbs, dob: 8-'01) was 4 months old and we walked through the neighborhood that we'd previously walked comfortably through.

When she saw chreches with quarter of life sized plastic statues of Wise Men, etc., she was spooked by them.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

TimC. is offline Senior Member

How old is she now? Some puppies are afraid of everything.
    Olie