Two ear infections!

Thread: Two ear infections!

rangersmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultTwo ear infections!

Poor Ranger, I checked his ears yesterday and he has two ear infections. Now he hasn't gone in water in WEEKS (we've been on vacation). So I'm not sure how he could have gotten it. He has some dry skin too. I've switched dog foods to a protein based dry food. I hope it is just the current climate instead of allergies - very hot and very humid right now. Got some medicine from the vet and putting it in there twice a day.

Anyone going through this with their pups?
    .................................................. ...................................<br />check out my baby&#039;s blog: http://rangerthelab.com<br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Two ear infections!

I went through the exact same thing with Nellie several years ago when Diamond changed the formula on its Kirkland (Costco) lamb and rice food. 2 ear infections, dry skin, and lose of hair on chest. I changed her to Chicken Soup and she has been fine ever since.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Very common for labs.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Is it possible I could have caused it by switching foods??? It's only been about three days. I was on Purina LB (corn based) and went with Pro Plan (chicken first ingredient). I thought that was doing the right thing.....
    .................................................. ...................................<br />check out my baby&#039;s blog: http://rangerthelab.com<br /><br />

TimC. is offline Senior Member

Are any of you going through this?
    Yes for the last year. Last August through the winter Oona had cronic ear infections.in Over $700 in ear problems alone I change her food from Iams to Nature's Recipe Lamb, Rice, and Barley because it doesn't have any wheat or corn. I've also stopped giving her anything with dairy in it. We haven't had to go to the vets for her ears in months.
    Olie

I guess I'll just wait and see then, I think they are getting better but only have had the drops in there for three days. I just figured by UPGRADING his food, it would be better for him. Maybe he likes corn better. ???