Going out of town for a week. What to do?

Thread: Going out of town for a week. What to do?

Nik
    Nik is offline Member

DefaultGoing out of town for a week. What to do?

I'm going on my honeymoon in mid-September and I don't know what to do with our 5 month old puppy. I've heard about pet sitters, but thats sounds awfully expensive. I've heard around $20 per visit and at least 2, if not 3, visits a day is recommended. We are on a budget as everyone is when paying for a wedding and honeymoon. I know kennels are cheaper but I do want him to get his play time in. Do they take care of that? What does everybody recomment?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BudGirl8 Guest

DefaultRe: Going out of town for a week. What to do?

Nik I'm kind of in the same spot as you, going out of town for several days and don't want to leave my dog at the kennel because of lack of playtime. Dog sitting isn't really an option for me because of the cost, but I found Pete & Mac's...if you don't have them in your area, you might try to find something like it. It's essentially doggy day care that you board at night. http://www.petemac.com/

I'm going to go visit before I decide for sure, but that's really the only decent option I've found for my area. I'm sure others on here will have great suggestions for you as well.

Good luck and congrats on the wedding!

Nik
    Nik is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by BudGirl8
    Nik I'm kind of in the same spot as you, going out of town for several days and don't want to leave my dog at the kennel because of lack of playtime. Dog sitting isn't really an option for me because of the cost, but I found Pete & Mac's...if you don't have them in your area, you might try to find something like it. It's essentially doggy day care that you board at night. http://www.petemac.com/

I'm going to go visit before I decide for sure, but that's really the only decent option I've found for my area. I'm sure others on here will have great suggestions for you as well.

Good luck and congrats on the wedding!
    yeah, we have something similar to that. its more expensive than a kennel but less than a sitter. Its what I've been leaning towards but thought I'd ask here.

http://www.ritzbarklton.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Here's what I did. There is a specialty dog store in my area and I went in and asked the owner if he knew of doggie day cares, pet sitters, etc. That's how I found the pet sitter who comes over every day mid day to let Miles out. Now, they also told me about a doggie day care that boards dogs for $20 per day. They raved about her and her place. I've not used her, but my point is, if there is a specialty dog store in your area, you might go in and ask around. I just got back from out of town and I am fortunate enough to have a breeder that also boards and every dog she has bred owns her heart so Miles was very spoiled all week. So, there's another option. Call your breeder. If they don't board, they may know someone who's good and can recommend.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

BudGirl8 Guest

Nik that place looks great - my only question is if they have someone that stays on site overnight. MilesMom had some good suggestions too.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member

Ha. I got an email from them. Apparently they noticed a lot of hits on their website were originating from here so they emailed me. Funny. I don't think they have anybody there overnight.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Too bad your honeymoon wasn't planned someplace that was dog friendly.

We just planned a vacation in the Rocky Mountains and found a rental house that will take dogs...so the whole family is going. We don't vacation without them.

Rocksypup is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    Too bad your honeymoon wasn't planned someplace that was dog friendly.*

We just planned a vacation in the Rocky Mountains and found a rental house that will take dogs...so the whole family is going.* We don't vacation without them.
    Hmmm, not sure I'd want my pup with me on my honeymoon!!!
    That's dedication CYNLABS!