7month old Lab Kennel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7month old Lab Kennel

ZoeysDad is offline Member

Default7month old Lab Kennel

Hi everyone!! I have a question about kennels. I am moving from a house and have to stay in a apartment for a while. I have a 7month old labrador and wanted to know what you thought about kennels or where you might put her while I am at work. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 7month old Lab Kennel

You mean a kennel/crate in your house or doggy day care?

Doggy day care is awesome I miss it so much! You really need to check out the place first though... go in and observe when you can before sending your dog there. Ours runs $20 per day but you get a slight discout if you purchase a 10 day punch card.
    ~Lindsay

I am talking about a crate. I have a doggie day care that I take her to twice a week but what do you think about leaving your puppy in a apartment. I have a 42inch crate. Do anybody else leave their puppy in a crate while they are at work?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh yeah.. loads of us do.

Ender is 7 months now and he's been crated all day while we work for a month now. We just make sure to give him extra play time when we get home.

He loves his crate. We give him a frozen kong that is filled with banana/yogurt and he takes care of that in about an hour and then just dozes the rest of the day... also throw in a nylabone in the crate with him.
    ~Lindsay

that is good to hear. I feel so guilty leaving Zoey in the crate all day while I am at work. I can probably go home twice a week during lunch and let her out. Do you have the same size crate?

ThatsMyGirl Guest

I use a 42" crate too. Depending on your work hours, you might want to consider hiring a pet sitter to come and let Zoey out and give her some exercise while you are at work.

This might help: http://www.petsit.com/locate.asp

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

I crated Nellie until she was 2 then baby-gated her in my kitchen for another six months. She is almost 7 now and has had free run of my 3 story home since she was about 2 1/2. Crating will protect your pup and also your possessions. If you decide to crate do not put anything in the crate with her that she could choke on and remove her collar. I used to leave a Kong full of cookies and peanut butter. I also had a dog walker come in every noon since I was gone 10 hours a day.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Yep! I crate Miles all day while I am at work. Since he is only 5 mos old, I have a dog walker come mid day to let him out and play with him a bit. He gets a frozen kong stuffed with varying treats but always topped with peanut butter. He very willingly runs and jumps in his crate when he sees the kong.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MilesMom
    He very willingly runs and jumps in his crate when he sees the kong.
    Bailey's crated all day too & does the same thing as Miles when she sees her kong!!
    I feel bad too, but she gets lots of play/exercise time at night, my lunches, & weekends!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

We actually have a 48" crate... very big and roomy for Ender. If I had to do it over again I think I'd get the 42".
    ~Lindsay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast