Water spillage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water spillage

Rocksypup is offline Member

DefaultWater spillage

I expect there is no solution to this, but does anyone else have an issue with water spillage?
    Sometimes Rocksy (7.5 months) will walk away from her water bowl with a mouthful of water, and let it spill out the side of her mouth all over the floor! Sometimes there are big trails of it leading from one room to another!

I have tried to get her to 'stay' after she has a drink so she can spill it around her water bowl, which is on a cheap rug - but obviously I can't watch her all the time.

For some reason it really bugs me but I can't figure out a way to stop her doing it.
    Pups will be pups I suppose! Anyone else irritated by this or is it just me?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Water spillage

umm I can't count the number of times I have almost slipped and fell from spilled water like that. Not to mention drool as well!

I don't know what can be done about them walking away with a mouth full of water and spilling it out all over

Maybe someone has a good suggestion? hehe
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Trickster is offline Senior Member

All mine are sloppy drinkers. I don't think there is anything you can do about it. Just be extra vigilant about mopping the floor!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta does the same exact thing! There is always a stream of water on the floor.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

ds77755 is offline Member

I hear you on this one. Nothing worse than walking into a puddle of water on the hardwood floors in socks!! >

I have been laying down a towel under Lola's dishes before she eats/drinks. The towel is about 1/2 the size of her crate (where she eats). While I haven't been able to eliminate this problem completely, the towel helps absorb the initial waterfall out of her jowels.

Dominic &amp; Ellie<br /><br />

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Miles does the same thing and my husband hates it. He wants to teach him to stand over the bowl and lick/smack his lips before he walks away. I told him, you go ahead and work on that. :P
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

Rocksypup is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by MilesMom
    Miles does the same thing and my husband hates it.* He wants to teach him to stand over the bowl and lick/smack his lips before he walks away.* I told him, you go ahead and work on that.* *:P
    Ha ha - that sounds exactly like me! I'm getting nowhere though, Rocksy is still looking at me as though I'm asking her to read Shakespeare!

curly is offline Senior Member

Zakk is a messy drinker.... he always seems to rush to make sure he doesn't miss anything we are doing while he has his head in the bowl ;D. We've accepted that he is messy and just lay a towel under the bowl to catch the biggest part of it.

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

A bowl with a lip on the inside really helps with spillage, but does not help with the extra water attached to the dogs face and mouth!

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

I keep a small towel next to Nellie's water bowl to wipe up spills since I have a ceramic tile floor which becomes a skating rink when wet. If I'm lucky she will dribble the last mouthful back into her bowl. Worst case is when she runs to the slider with a mouth full of water to bark at someone walking by, then I've got water everywhere. lol
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast