fleas?

Thread: fleas?

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Defaultfleas?

Hi everyone! I feel so bad. I've been using Frontline for flea protection but the last time I gave it to him, I think he was over the weight it was supposed to be used for. We are leaving to go out of town today and last night I took Miles back to the breeder, she also boards, for the time we will be away. We were sitting in yard visiting and watching the pups play and she was running her fingers along his back and she says "what's this?". There was this little oozy spot on his back. Well, then we did a search and we found about 5 or 6 of them. All on his back. She thinks it might be fleas. Her first dog got fleas when she used a flea product for dogs up to 85 pounds and he was 90. I don't know. I haven't seen any fleas. He does scratch alot. She said she might take him to the vet. I feel just awful :'( and I am embarrassed that I didn't find those spots myself. :-[

She told me not to worry about it. It happens and that I should go on vacation, relax and she'll take care of it. I just feel like a bad mommy.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: fleas?

Well, I guess he has dermatitus. Could be from flea bites, but I think it's odd. I have not seen a single flea. Anywhere. Well, $185 later, he'll be fine. It's just a minor thing. I still feel so bad about it.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

My last lab was allergic to flea bites and even though I used Frontline she had at least one or 2 skin infections per summer. By the way I only treat Nellie once every 2 1/2 to 3 months with Advantix or Frontline and she has never had a flea.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, that helps. If there were any fleas on him, the vet did tell my dog sitter that even if your dog is just a few pounds over the weight limit, it looses it's effectiveness. Unbelievable.