Petsafe pif300 wireless fence for puppy?

Thread: Petsafe pif300 wireless fence for puppy?

Permagrin is offline Junior Member

DefaultPetsafe pif300 wireless fence for puppy?

Hello all! i have a question about this unit. will this be a good containment fence for my new puppy? I really would like having the wireless due to that i can take it with me when we go to our hunting cabin, plus it would be great for the house since i only have a 1/2 acer lot. Will this unit be strong enough to work? Anyone have any info on this type of wireless fencing? Please help before i purchase one. I get my new puppy next weekend he will only be 8 weeks old, what is a good age to get him started on it? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Petsafe pif300 wireless fence for puppy?

I have never used an invisible fence, but I am wary of them. If a dog sees something highly motivating beyond the fenceline, it may decide that it's worth the shock to get out (to chase a kitty, a bird, another dog). But once out, what is the motivation to get back in? I've heard more than one story about dogs getting out but then being afraid to come back. From a training point of view, you always want the house and the yard to be the best, safest, most fun place.

A little puppy shouldn't be outside off-leash unsupervised anyway, so just speaking personally, I'd spend my time and investment on puppy proofing the house and training, and then if you find that you really need a fence, to investigate your options once you get over the initial period of puppy craziness.

haleysmom is offline Junior Member

Our puppys is 7 weeks old and we are having an Invisible Fence installed when she is 10 weeks old.* The company recommended that we wait till 10 weeks to install it.* They also train her and administer a smaill shock so that we "aren't the bad guy."* I have some concerns because it isn't concrete, but like the fact that she can go in the front or the back with us without having to worry about her running off.* The sales lady has two labs and says that it's worked well for her.* One of her labs doesn't even need to wear the collar because it respects the boundaries.* Hope this helps and good luck with picking up your pup next week!

Haley's Mom
    Haley&#039;s mom<br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Permagrin is offline Junior Member

I dont plan on using the wireless fence until hes ready after a lot of training. Has anyone heard of this model? How well dose it work? I tried searching about it but didnt find any reviews on it from customers. Another reason i want to go with this unit because i will be moving next year and want to be able to take it with me to my new house.