"She's going to be a big one!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "She's going to be a big one!"

Sparemom is offline Senior Member

Default"She's going to be a big one!"

That's what the vet said today. Zora is 23 pounds at 12 weeks. I thought this was pretty normal for labs. But the vet and the tech. really emphasised (sp) on the fact that she was going to be a big dog.

[attachment deleted by admin]
    <br />ZORA

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

shamrox is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: "She's going to be a big one!"

I will go one bigger....my petals is about 15-16 weeks now and she is weighting in at a nice 45lbs

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

bauer is 17.5 weeks and about 33 lbs - I think he will end up at 85.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

She's adorable! Brigetta is about 30lbs at 22 weeks and people tell me she's going to be big. She is all legs right now.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

InkoPup is offline Senior Member

Stoops was weighed today at his appt to get boosters and at 16 weeks he weighs 33 lbs. I think he's big (lanky and leggy right now) but the vet and tech guessed he be an 80 pounder, oy! My first girl was only 56 lbs!!!

Sparemom is offline Senior Member

I just say Petals picture................I want her!!!! She looks just like a yellow version of Zora's brother we almost got, but my girls wanted a girl. Do you have any recent pictures?
    <br />ZORA

flyingkitty is offline Senior Member

Shadow a week ago at the vet weighed in at 25 pounds at 10 weeks old. The vet guesses him to be a very large boy when he grows up. I'll be surprised if he's not over 80 pounds at maturity.
    Sincerely, <br />FlyingKitty aka Shadow&#039;s mom<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Just my 2c here, but my Daisy was a large puppy at the ages listed (10 wks, 12 wks, 16 wks, etc.) as well and we thought she'd be at least as big or bigger than our Shadow (75 lbs. at maturity), but she's only topping about 62 lbs. and 22" at 10.5 months now and it looks like she's hit her peak. So just be aware that puppy size doesn't always mean anything...

Btw, Zora is such a cutie! Good luck with her!

Darcy
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

curly is offline Senior Member

Zakk was 25.2 lbs at 11 weeks.... he will be 15 weeks Thursday and I know he will be more because he is growing like a weed. Everyone that has seen him say he's gonna be a big boy, I'm hoping around 90lbs.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Most vets and other people in their offices don't know much about any breed in particular. So, I would not rely on what they say regarding how big your puppy will get. I've been asked by vet techs if Scotty was a Newfie mix, a Chessie mix, etc. (he's a 100% Lab and looks like it). Probably the more reliable prediction of your dog's weight and size is her parents' weight and size. Then with Lab's love for food, you can get almost any Lab to grow into a "big," ie, fat dog. So, it's not really the pounds that I'd be looking for but overall body condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast