FIrst Dock Diving Event

Thread: FIrst Dock Diving Event

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Default FIrst Dock Diving Event

I just got back from the San Diego Splash dogs Wags for Wishes event. I had never entered a dock diving event before and had never even practiced. We started off by introducing her to the exit ramp for the Pool She went up it no problem and swam out to get the bumper no problem, had a bit of a problem figuring out that the ramp was also the way out but finally did. By the third time on the ramp she was leaping off it into the pool for her toy and swimming back and out. Then we moved to the "Dock" there she would run to the end and slow down and jump down into the water maybe 3-6 feet out. (all measurements are to where the dogs tail joins its body enters the water) We got to do about 5 more training runs on the practice dock then it was time for out "wave". We got up on the Competition dock for the first of our two dives. I put her on a stay about 25 ft from the edge after I had walked her to the edge and let her look at the pool. I called her and just as she was nearing the edge I threw the bumper about 30 ft out. She hit the brakes and skidded to a halt at the end of the dock and started dancing around the end of the dock. She really wanted that bumper but was too unsure about the height of the dock. The steward was great and splashed some water in the pool so she could see the surface better and finally after about what seemed an eternity she jumped in the pool and swam over to the bumper and got out. Our second jump went alot better. I showed her the edge and pool and then put her on a stay callled her to me as I threw the bumper. She hesitated for a while on the edge and we did the splashing water thing and she jumped in the only problem was the power went out so they couldn't get a measurement so I got a third try. This went a little better yet. She ran to the end of the dock and hesitated a moment then jumped down into the pool. Our great numbers for the day were 2'11" onthe first jump and 3'6" on the third jump..lol The world record is 28'10" so we only need another 25 1/2 feet to be the top dog ...lol
    We really had a great time and I look forward to doing this again. It really is alot of fun and the people were great.

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: FIrst Dock Diving Event

Ah...sounds like you had fun anyways. It's addicting! I am looking forward to our next dock contest. Rider has two legs toward titles.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

There are titles for this?? I was just their having a blast with my dog..lol I am going to go to the one in Pomona California at the pet expo this summer/fall when I find out when it is. I am hoping to get to go all three days..I just need to convince a freind of mine to let me build a ramp for practice in his pool..lol Hmm maybe I should see about getting my own above ground pool...I wonder if the local dog training (Hunting) center would let me build a dock into one of their ponds??? Damn I think I might be hooked..lol

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The Voice is offline Junior Member

DefaultGREAT VIDEO FIRST TIME DOG FIrst Dock Diving Event

justadoptedlabsnok is offline Senior Member

that is just so awesome.

I have to get my woodrow more involved in this. I think he would be a natural. he is such a water hound and loves to play with his frisbe
    <br />DON&#39;T SWEAT THE LITTLE STUFF!<br /><br />DON&#39;T COMPLAIN JUST WORK HARDER!

The Voice is offline Junior Member

Check out wesite www.splashdogs.com for more info

Missmatches.com