Doggie Daycare advice needed

Thread: Doggie Daycare advice needed

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoggie Daycare advice needed

I've decided to put Brigetta into doggie daycare- just a day here and there to see how it goes- mainly for socialization and play time- and because I will be boarding her there for two nights when I have to go out of town and I wanted her to be familiar with the place since she has never been away from me. I've done some research on the place, spoken with the owner and gone for a visit and it seems to be a good place. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts on doggie daycare or things I should be concerned/ask about. Thanks in advance!

A description from their site: http://wescottacres.com/pet_daycare.htm
    A typical daycare day will involve outside morning play with running, ball and frisbee chasing. We will break for a light lunch snack and indoor rest. Then go back outside for a relaxing walk, game of tag, maybe a swim in the pond, and afternoon snack before going home. We will tailor the day's activities to the needs of the individual dogs participating. On Wescott Acres' eight acres of woodlands, pastureland and shady pond, there is lots of space for your pet's exploration and relaxation no matter what he or she is doing.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

threelabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Doggie Daycare advice needed

Sounds like a nice place. You mentioned you visited - visit again on another day and time. Are the dogs getting along? How many dogs vs. people? Ask for some random references or strike up a conversation when someone picks their dog up. What is their policy if there is a problem with one or two dogs not getting along?

Thanks for the suggestions...I'll make a point to drop in this weekend and ask those questions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

wishingforjoy is offline Junior Member

Hello,

I have had Kenda in Doggie Daycare since she was 9 weeks, she is now 6 1/2 months. She loves going and goes absolutely nuts when we pull in their parking lot. She loves the staff, which is very important to me but Kenda loves everyone. When I first brought Kenda in the staff was actually on the floor with her, petting and talking to her.

They have the dogs out for 3 play sessions for about 30 mins or so each time, 8-10 dogs per one staff member. They put dogs together according to their size, age and attitude in the play groups. You can add on a 30 min trail walk and a swim in their doggie pool which adds on extra play sessions. I asked alot of the people coming and going their to pick up the dogs how they liked it. Most swear by it. I only heard one complaint so far that really was not the places issue.

I swear by them, of course if it is a good place and comes highly reccomended. I got Kenda fixed 3 weeks ago and so she was not to play, run, jump are have any fun. No doggie daycare for her. During that time she destroyed her bed in her crate, 3 stuffed animals and her Kong. Before that I had no issues with her detroying things. It is the doggie daycare. And besides she comes home tired! That is a bonus!

It does sound like a great place! Have you taken your dog there yet? I would take her with you and see how she reacts to the staff there.

Sherry
    What mom?<br />

Sherry,
    First- Kendra is so adorable!!! After I read your post I called the doggie daycare and they said I could drop in any time tomorrow with Brigetta and they would give her a tour and she could meet the staff. After reading everyone's posts and the good reports, I really hope she likes it.
    Thanks,
    Teresa