Hi everyone!

Thread: Hi everyone!

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHi everyone!

Sorry I haven't stopped in in awhile. I am taking two summer classes at college and I've not had much leisure time to post.

Miles is doing good. Lots of growing. He's 15 weeks and 32 pounds . He's going to be a gentle giant, I think. He's lost about 5 teeth already. He's potty trained and knows sit, stay, down, come.

The only thing that's driving me crazy is that he's really bad with Adrianna, my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter. He grabs her clothes and nips and she panicks and runs and squeals. He just wants to play. She doesn't understand that what she's doing is making it worse. Yesterday she was sitting on my doorstep and he went up and grabbed the back of her shirt and got a bunch of her hair with it and pulled (we never play tug with him) and it hurt! She was so upset. I've found that the only thing I can do is crate him when she's over. Which is bad, because she used to come over and spend the night and a whole weekend day with me every other week or so. Now she doesn't. Sometimes I feel like I traded my grand daughter for a dog. So, we keep trying to help them to learn to coexist and I know Miles will grow out of this but I am at my wits end with what to do in the meantime. She's just too young to understand and follow instructions when she's in a panick because Miles is coming after her.

I love my puppy but I think I'll be glad when he's a dog!

<br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lizzie-May is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hi everyone!

I know how you feel, I'm no expert but having been through this when Lizzie was a younger pup I know how frustrating it is. I was told that Lizzie viewed the kids as her Littermates or/and she was above them in the pecking order, we had to make her view the kids as above her, when Lizzie was on the attack with the boys we would squirt her with a water gun and say a firm "NO". Within two days she stopped doing it. This worked for us.

Djc1249 is offline Senior Member

Glad to read the update on Miles

Sounds like he's doing great. I had the same problem as you, with my g.kids. Tucker wanted to play, and chased and nipped them...it got so they didn't wanna come over much, and didn't wanna be around him.

I was glad when he finally lost his puppy teeth, 'cause all that stopped too, and they love being around him now.
    <br />Did you say TREAT ?!?<br /><br />Tucker, 3 yrs. --- Tipper, 10 mos.<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/284460<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/715680

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tasmans Mom is offline Senior Member

Hi there, welcome back!

We have 5 year old twinboys and they are finally starting to play nicely after 3 months.
    It's a real hassle and I usually excercise him before I pick them up from school so theings don't get out of hand.
    Good luck!
    <br /><br />Taz 8 months old..!<br />----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Please come and visit my blog at mylabtaz.blogspot.com

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. Miles is doing wonderful, we couldn't have asked for a better dog. I know this phase will pass.

We had a party yesterday and before everyone came over, my husband sat down on the floor and every time Miles grabbed at his clothes, he said "no bite!" and stopped play. It only took a few times before the nipping turned into "nosing" and he was good about "nosing" Adrianna instead of nipping yesterday. Then his littermate came over and once he got here I didn't have to be concerned at all because he lost all interest in Adrianna then! ;D

Oh, those puppies played hard! Miles is still pooped this morning!

So, we'll keep practicing with the sit on the floor and no bite and hopefully he'll get it soon. He's lost lots of this teeth already so there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE