Neutering----AFTER THE SURGERY!---UPDATE!!!!!

Thread: Neutering----AFTER THE SURGERY!---UPDATE!!!!!

DashsMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultNeutering----AFTER THE SURGERY!---UPDATE!!!!!

Dash was just neutered last night around 5:00pm, and I picked him up and brought him home around 9pm. Obviously he was really groggy and disoriented, but he ate his normal dinner meal (later than usual, but the normal amount of food)* and drank the usual amount of water (again, later than usual) but will not use the restroom. I took him out 4 or 5 times last night and fed him again this morning as usual and waited his normal 30 mins after eating before taking him back outside, and again He will not go and he ALWAYS has. Ive never had any of my dogs do this before. Have any of you had this problem, or should I call the vet? I know he must be in a good deal of pain, but....I dont want the poor thing to hurt himself internally!

YEAH...Just went home to check on my lil patient and he was very eager to go outside. and he went both ways (if you catch my drift!) I think he was even excited about it! I am sooooo happy, as you can tell. Im obviously an over-worried mom, but Im glad its all taken care of. Now i can actually do some work this morning, Im sure my employer is happy to hear that too! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brianttu is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Neutering----AFTER THE SURGERY!

My vet told us after the surgery that going to the bathroom may slow for a bit because it hurts to push. Give it all day today. If still nothing, schedule an appointment for the next day around noon. That way you have some time to cancel if he decides to go...
    Thanks,<br /><br />Brian<br /><br /><br />CGC, TDI Certified

Dani is offline Senior Member

I'm surprised that your vet allowed you to feed him after surgery. I've never fed a dog after surgery...until the next day when they are feeling better.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, thats a very good suggestion! Im glad to hear that a vet acknowledges it. The vet that did the surgery was through the agency that I adopted Dash with, because the cost of the surgery is part of the adoption fee, and thank god I have my own vet because I didnt get a warm fuzzy feeling from him at all, but either way I dont have to see him again. Thanks

I was suprised he was allowed to eat as well, but as you know Im sure, he couldnt eat the day of the surgery at all and the surgery wasnt until 5pm last night, so he was starving and had no problem eating at all. Like I said in the last post, I didnt get a warm fuzzy feeling from him, and Im very glad I have my own vet who I trust.