Eating times

Thread: Eating times

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultEating times

I have been feeding Sammi 3 times daily, do most of you feed 2 or 3 times a day- and if you went from 3 to 2 at what age did you change? Thank's again for being so helpful. I keep thinking I"ll catch on and won't have so many silly question's, but no luck so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

threelabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Eating times

Since I work part time and was home by lunch time I fed my pups three times per day until they were around 4-5 months.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Giffin & Carlson in "Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook" about $25 (US) from Amazon suggest switching from 3X to 2X at about 6 months. Most people agree with that. The G&C book saves lots of worry, needless trips to the vet, elimination of non-vet visits when you should've gone, and money. Every dog should come with a copy; every owner should read it.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

thank's for the book information, I'm heading over to amazon to place the order. Sammi was 17 wks. on Fri., so think I'll wait a few more wk's. before changing to twice a day feeding's. Once again thank's for the help--

baby_bosco is offline Senior Member

Bosco is 7 months old now, he still gets fed 3 times a day. Before he turned about 6 months old, he was getting 1 cup x 3 times a day. Now he gets 2 1/2 cups : morning = 1 cup, afternoon = 1/2 cup and supper time = 1 cup.
    <br />He is your friend, your partner,your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours,&quot;faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.&quot; -Unknown

Tasmans Mom is offline Senior Member

We feed Tasman 3x a day.
    1.5 cup for breakfast a cup at noon and 1 cup for dinner.

I will probably be slowing down around 6 months like baby_bosco slowly taking the afternoon feed
    away.
    <br /><br />Taz 8 months old..!<br />----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Please come and visit my blog at mylabtaz.blogspot.com

brianttu is offline Senior Member

Allie was fed 2 cups breakfast, 2 cups dinner until 11 months. Now shes fed 1 cup breakfast 2 cups dinner and has lost 5 pounds and is exactly where she should be weight wise...
    Thanks,<br /><br />Brian<br /><br /><br />CGC, TDI Certified

DashsMom is offline Senior Member

Dash was on three meals a day until about a month ago at an early age of 4 months. Me and my sig other's schedule has changed and we HAD to go down to a breakfast and dinner because we can only run home and let him out and give him a quick drink and a quick game of fetch and a treat. We have him on the schedule where he is baby gated in the kitchen while he eats and for a half hour afterwards, and then we take him right out after that. It has worked wonderfully and he hasnt had an accident in the house for over a month now thanks to this schedule, but it doenst work for lunches because of the timing. ANYWAYS...He adjusted fine to the 2 meals, and I think he prefers it this way as well. ;D