Proud Mama moment...

Thread: Proud Mama moment...

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultProud Mama moment...

Yesterday Eric, Ender and I went to Eric's parents house for a graduation party. Picture 30 people... ranging from 1 yr old to 90 yrs old... food EVERYWHERE... on counters, on tables, on COFFEE TABLES. Some people didn't want to get NEAR a dog... and some were all over "the puppy."

Ender did amazingly well... I am SOOO proud.

He didn't pee or poop anywhere in the house.
    He didn't countersurf, table surf, or grab food off anyone's lap.
    He listened to my "LEAVE IT" which I think I said about a BAZILLION times.
    He calmly laid at my feet while loud drunk adults laughed, little annoying kids argued... and the 1 yr old trying to step on him and pinch his tail/back/head. (The one year old even put her hands in Ender's mouth! ) Of course Ender was on his leash 99% of the time he was inside and the mother of the 1 yr old was holding her... plus Ender had his frozen kong he was completely absorbed with.

Ender was PERFECT. There was a friend of the family there who owns a lab who said "that is amazing he is this calm around all these people and all this food!" (This guy also uses an ecollar but he's a hunter so I think he uses it responsibly for field training)

I couldn't be prouder of my little man. He took everything in stride. Being passed from me to Eric, to Grandpa Larry, to Aunt Karina... I think he ate all the attention up.

Oh and he was even TEETHING the whole day.. I think he lost two of his back molars.
    ~Lindsay

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Proud Mama moment...

Woot!! Way to go Ender!! It's amazing how they can pull the good behaviour out of a hat at the most surprising of times, eh? We had a similar party thing last summer when Abby was about 4 months. We couldn't leave her at home cause it was going to be too long of a day, so we took her. I was like "Okay, this is it. Family war is going to start as soon as people start dissing my dog cause she's out of control". Imagine my shock when she was sooo well-behaved I didn't believe she was really my puppers.

Sounds like Ender is a well behaved little man. You done good Lindsay! Oh, and tell your Aunt Karina , I like her just cause we share the same name!!
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

;D

Good boy Ender!

You should be proud!
    ~Jo & CoCo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

THATS GREAT - GOOD BOY ENDER ;D

We had a party on saturday and Jack did so good no stealing food and no chasing children. He justplayed with the other 4 dogs that were there.

Ender is getting so big - how old is he now?

He's a week shy of 5 months old! I'm dreading the teenager phase... thankfully we just enrolled in an basic adult obedience class that will run for 9 weeks starting tonight!
    ~Lindsay

;D Good boy Ender, by the way I love Enders name tag, where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie-May
    ;D Good boy Ender, by the way I love Enders name tag, where did you get it????
    Awww..thanks for the compliment. I love it as well and can't take a picture of him that I like without it lol.

www.sallyharrell.net I ordered the 1" size. A bit pricey (though I've seen some that were more expensive) but looks GREAT and holds up VERY well to the elements. I get compliments all the time on it. Sally is actually a member of our forum so you can PM her if you have specific questions.
    https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...=profile;u=422
    ~Lindsay