Puppy Nylabone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Nylabone

DefaultPuppy Nylabone

I went to see the Vet this morning and asked him if he could suggest a good chewing bone.
    Since real bones don't sit well he said take the puppy Nylabone. Anyway I gave it to Tasman in the car
    coming back from the beach and half the thing has been eaten..!!!

It said on the back of the pack not consumable so I guess we won't be bying those anymore
    definately not Tasman resistant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Puppy Nylabone

Try the "toughest" nylabone from Drs. Foster and Smith.* They are about the only thing that Lexie can not chew through in less than a couple hours.* These last with her about 1 1/2 to 3 months.* Lexie has all her adult teeth now, since she is 9 months old, but even now she is still a power-chewer.* Good luck with the teething process!

(Ender's Mom posted the link in the next reply, same thing I was trying to describe for you!!)

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Puppy nylabones were never strong enough for Ender. I recommend these...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...1&N=2001&Nty=1

Ender gets the souper size.
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if I can get them in New Zealand but I will have a look, thanks Ender's Mom

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Cool..and one question. Have you ever tried their pet food? The more I research I think I will go with Nutro. My breeder uses IAMS but I think I'd rather go with Nutro. Just wondering about DrsFoster and Smith foods..

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Nutro IMO is a better food than IAMs. It has less fillers. I feed my pup Solidgold but I have seen people on this forum express their negative opinion of "premium" foods. They are richer and cost more but I feed a lot less of it to my pup and have gotten great results. His coat looks and feels great. He doesn't have a bad doggy smell anymore. His ear infections cleared up as well. If you feed them too much they do tend to get soft stool and worst case scenerio diarreah. I guess the quantity of food just varies from dog to dog (I rarely go by the feeding guidelines on the bag).
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Dani is offline Senior Member

Nutro is a fine food but if the breeder is feeding IAMS and the pups are doing well, leave it be! Too many people put their dogs on a rollercoaster for no reason. Puppy tummies are very delicate!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

oh yeah most certainly agree with Dani. If the pup is doing good with the food he is already on don't bother changing.
    Sorry, should have mentioned...Buck's ear infections were allergy related and we suspected it was his food. After weeks of various treatments and constant cleaning and lots of detective work we decided to try to switch his food. But it was definitely a difficult period switching him because I switched it a little too fast and his tummy got upset. Had to go back to square one and start all over with the gradual switch. Took me about 1-1.5 month before he was fully switched over. End result his ears have all cleared up.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buckyball
    If you feed them too much they do tend to get soft stool and worst case scenerio diarreah. I guess the quantity of food just varies from dog to dog (I rarely go by the feeding guidelines on the bag).
    With Ender, no matter how little I gave him, he still had loose stool on Solid Gold... the shelter I gave the 33 lb bag to was happy though

Personally I think Ender has a senstitive digestive system 'cause it seems no matter WHAT I do he has mushy poop... *sigh* my little saga continues...
    ~Lindsay

I feed Jaida Nutro Innova, and she loves it and I have seen quite a difference in her coat. Our breeder feeds our pup Purina One puppy chow, but will gradually switch him to Innova since not only is it reccomended to feed large breed dogs adult food to slow growth and prevent orthapedic problems, but it has less fillers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast