Diabetes.........???

Thread: Diabetes.........???

DefaultDiabetes.........???

just got back from the vet and they are testing Chance for Diabetes. We went in to see if he had a UTI b/c he was peeing a lot, he ended up having a blader infection.

I just wanted to know if anyone has a lab with Diabetes and what signs you had leading up to finding out your dog had diabetes.

Also, do you have to give shots everyday like you do with humans with type 2 or pills like type 1 diabetes (have five family members with diabetes)?

Any input would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Diabetes.........???

I know nothing about dogs and diabeties, but please keep us posted, I hope your dogs tests are negative...

Yeah we should find out tonight or tomorrow morning...............i'll let you know

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Google it. I remember someone calling me to tell me a vet she knew had diagnosed a young lab puppy with diabetes and the owners didn't want the puppy because of it. She asked if I wanted to see the puppy. So I googled it. It isn't an easy situation if I recall. I hope the tests come back negative (no diabetes)

My Mother in Law had a poodle with diabetes. We noticed frequent urination and weight loss before she was diagnosised (like people). We gave Muffy insulin once a day, monitored her diet and the vet did blood glucose testing regularly. She did great - as long as my MIL kept her on her diet. Good luck and keep us posted.

how about an update--how's it going?

Everything turned out good!!! He just has a UTI, which is getting better. Thanks guys

I am so glad Chance does not have diabetes. ;D