Outdoor odors

Thread: Outdoor odors

DefaultOutdoor odors

We have managed to get Rocksy doing her business in one spot in the backyard, but the only trouble is now that it smells.
    We obviously pick the poo up straight away, but constant peeing in one place is starting to create an unpleasant smell.

Does anyone have any tips on how we can deal with this?
    We can't exactly spray Febreeze on grass!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Outdoor odors

I have never noticed a smell emanating from where Ender pees and he does pee in the same spot each time.
    ~Lindsay

Maybe try hosing the area down every other day or so if it dosn't rain. Is she going on some wood or something that might get moldy and smell? I would think the grass would soak it up and it shouldn't smell at all. Also maybe have her checked for a UTI normally their urine smells stronger when they have one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hmmm, that's strange then.

It's definitely not a 'urine smell'. It's hard to explain, it's just a bit agricultural if that makes any sense at all. Maybe there is something else where she is going that has gone moldy like you say.

Also, the grass is totally yellow and dead now. Shall I just leave it? Or is there something you can do about this?

Thanks

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

The nitrogen content in the urine is burning the grass. There are supplements sold to help with this, but I have a hard time believing that they work. The only recommendation I would have is to pour water on the lawn or hose it down every time she pees. We trained Theo to pee on wood chips in our new house (after he destroyed the lawn at our old place).