2nd Set of Shots

Thread: 2nd Set of Shots

Default2nd Set of Shots

Well, we just took Bailey yesterday to the vet for her 2nd set of shots. On her first vet visit she weighed 10 lbs & grew to a wopping 17.8 lbs at our visit yesterday (she's approx. 10 weeks old). She loves the vet & all the new smells there, so that's hasn't been a problem.
    As we were coming in for our appoint. a little older yellow female lab was coming out (what a cutie!!), usually Bailey loves meeting new puppies, but she just stood there & let the other pup sniff her for a bit. ??? Goof ball!!
    Everything checked out great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: 2nd Set of Shots

That's great that everything checked out ok!!

Word of caution...be careful letting your dog (espcially puppies) sniff everything at a vet's office. A large proportion of the dogs coming in are sick and you don't want yours to pick up anything. Personally, I carry my puppies from the car and sit with them on my lap until we're called...I'm a bit of a worry wort when it comes to the vets

Nope, sounds very reasonable to me. The clinic I work at has been seeing a lot of KC cases lately (we get a lot of pound puppies) and even though we ask the clients to leave their dogs in the car till we are ready to take them to the exam room (if we know beforehand that KC is suspect) they still come in coughing and hacking. We try our best to clean up after words, but you can only do so much. Especially if the owner let's his dog sniff every little corner and tail on the way in :

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Miles just got his second set too! He weighed in at 23 pounds at 10 1/2 weeks !! Sometimes I forget how young he is because of his size. All checked out just fine for us as well. Got him microchipped too! Oh, and he got to play with his brother Grady who was there. One of the receptionists went and got him after she met Miles. It was fun to see the little reunion.