going to the bathroom in one spot

Thread: going to the bathroom in one spot

Defaultgoing to the bathroom in one spot

So whenever Maebee gets a chance she runs into my roomates room and either pees or poops on his airmattress. How do i correct this? she doesn't do it anywhere else in the house and we punish her when she does iut inside. Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: going to the bathroom in one spot

Are you cleaning it and getting the smell out every time? If the spot still smells to her (her nose is way more sensitive to yours) it's like a sign saying "POTTY HERE". Use a product such as Nature's Miracle to get rid of the smell.

Other than that, I'm sure others will have more suggestions.
    ~Lindsay

Keep a better eye on the little beasty Having your roommate keep their door close until she gets out of the habit of going in there would help too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Punishing her for going inside will not really help. You have to catch them in the act, interrupt them and run them outside. If you find it 2 seconds after they are done, they have no idea what you are punishing them for. Going potty is a bodily function. They have to do that, somehow you have to let them know where to do it. As Lindsay points out, use a product to get out all the smell, keep the room mate's door shut and watch, watch, watch that puppy till he's potty trained. Learn his body language and patterns of behavior and he should be trained in no time. It's tiring for a few weeks, though.