Routine

Thread: Routine

DefaultRoutine

Well, after my first week back to work, I think we have our routine in place.

5:00 am up and out to potty.
    6:00 am breakfast and out for a walk and play
    6:30 am back in to play with Dad while mom goes for her morning run.
    8:00 am in cage with kong
    11:30 am ish dog walker comes
    2:30 pm ish dog walker comes
    6:00 pm mom home, dinner, out for walk and play
    9:00 pm night night

He usually doesn't need a potty break during the night unless I forget to take up his water bowl early.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Routine

Sounds pretty much like Buck's routine!
    Except he gets to stay up later than 9pm now haha
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

If your puppy's under 5 months, I'd be giving him a lunch as well, but it sounds pretty good

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh ytes, he gets lunch too. My dog walker feeds him lunch. I forgot to mention that. I'm just thrilled we have a routine down and 10 days with no accidents in the house! Yay!!

I just relooked at your post. The feeding instructions I got from my breeder said to go to two feedings per day starting at 11 weeks. You mentioned "under 5 months" should get lunch. Should I keep to 3 feedings per day for longer than 11 weeks? I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Usually feeding 3X/day is recommended up to age 6 months.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Buck started to refuse his lunch by 9.5 weeks of age. I got really worried the first time he did this and called the vet asap! I thought he was ill or something LOL since he NEVER turns down food. Anyways...so he's been getting two meals since then. The vet said if Buck doesn't want a third meal then there is no need to force. I guess if Miles does something like that before 5 months of age there is no need to be concerned and giving him two meals will be just fine. However, if he doesn't then as my breeder and the vet suggested continue feeding three meals till he is 5-6 months old.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Some say 3x's a day.... some say 2x's a day. I guess you should go by the dog. As long as your feeding him the "appropriate" amount of food each day, Im sure your lil one will tell you if hes a lunch guy or not. Dash is, of course, always hungry..... but after a week of lunches, he decided he didnt like a lunch and he was only 9 weeks old at that point. It works better for me that way too! ;D

Miles Mom I had to re-read your post. I thought you wrote that you had an Amish walker at 11:30. ;D :
    Olie

Quote Originally Posted by Buckyball
    Buck started to refuse his lunch by 9.5 weeks of age. I got really worried the first time he did this and called the vet asap! I thought he was ill or something LOL since he NEVER turns down food. Anyways...so he's been getting two meals since then. The vet said if Buck doesn't want a third meal then there is no need to force. I guess if Miles does something like that before 5 months of age there is no need to be concerned and giving him two meals will be just fine. However, if he doesn't then as my breeder and the vet suggested continue feeding three meals till he is 5-6 months old.
    Rocksy did exactly the same. She didn't want to know about lunch a few weeks after we had her.
    She gets two meals a day and her weight is perfect apparently. Each to their own...