Fence escaping

Thread: Fence escaping

DefaultFence escaping

Well it turns out that LIndy is a bit smaller then we had thought and she can fit through the slats in our fencing. What can I buy to line the inside with so she can't get through?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fence escaping

I wouldn't leave her unattended, even when she get's too big to fit through the slats.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

We don't leaver her unattended even now. She is just so quick that she walks around sniffing and sniffing and then, boom, she slips through. We have her on a leash every time now even though it's fenced in. I just thought maybe there was something we could put on the bottom half so she couldn't get through at all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

curly is offline Senior Member

As a temporary addition, you could go to your local Hardware store and buy some lighweight "chicken wire" fencing. This is usually inexpensive and would give a good barrier until she is big enough to not "slip through" your fence (it is also thin wire so you couldn't see it behind your fence if you're concerned with appearance). After she is big enough, you could remove and discard it. Just an idea.....

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by curly
    As a temporary addition, you could go to your local Hardware store and buy some lighweight "chicken wire" fencing. This is usually inexpensive and would give a good barrier until she is big enough to not "slip through" your fence (it is also thin wire so you couldn't see it behind your fence if you're concerned with appearance). After she is big enough, you could remove and discard it. Just an idea.....
    Chicken wire -- or something like that -- was going to be my suggestion too. You probably won't need it for long ... they grow so darn fast.

Yeah, by the time you go to the store and get it, and put it up, you won't need it anymore.