Dental kong question...

Thread: Dental kong question...

DefaultDental kong question...

Ok so I thought the dental kong was a handy thing to have but how do you stuff these? I sort of wedge kibble in it but it's all gone in under 30 seconds. Tasman has now "lost" 4 teeth in the front, he loves the classic kongs, frozen carrots, icecubes etc but what do you do with the dental kong?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dental kong question...

I've seen them for sale but I don't have one. I guess they are for cleaning teeth. Personally, I use raw meaty bones for keeping teeth clean. Chewing RMB's regularly keeps teeth in brilliant condition and dogs go nuts for them.

I don't know what a dental kong is. With a puppy, it's a good idea to get them used to having their teeth brushed for good dental health. Right now, I brush Miles teeth, not that I am able to do a good job, I am just getting him used to the process, same with dremeling his nails

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

I think the point is to put doggy toothpaste in the ridges of the kong which helps to "brush" the teeth clean. I'm also curious about this 'cause I'm afraid to give Ender a "real" bone 'cause of his digestive issues.
    ~Lindsay

Hi, if you use a dry mix food you could try soaking it a little, then freeze the food inside the kong blocking the small hole end and standing it up inside your freezer till the soaked food is set then give the dog the kong you dont have to fill kong but it should take the dog a while to get the food out,,,(remember to take the tape off blocking the small end) just an idea might work might not,
    good luck!!

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ender's Mom
    I'm afraid to give Ender a "real" bone 'cause of his digestive issues.
    That is why I quit giving Sami marrow bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    I've seen them for sale but I don't have one. I guess they are for cleaning teeth. Personally, I use raw meaty bones for keeping teeth clean. Chewing RMB's regularly keeps teeth in brilliant condition and dogs go nuts for them.
    I have given these bones twice with VERY loose stool as a result. Yes he LOVES them but I think I have to wait untill he is a little bit older this seemed to be a good idea for the meantime.

Anyway I will try your suggestion pespsi my pup!

Thanks!