Bell Training

Thread: Bell Training

DefaultBell Training

Just a quick question about bell training. I would like to bell train my boy but he just thinks the bell is a toy. I've tried wrapping it around the door handle (where he can't reach it) and ringing it myself when we go out...but then he just jumps like crazy at the door to get the bell. And if I let it hang...he pulls on it and tries to get it off the door. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? For now the bell has been taken away

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Bell Training

I don't have any advice about the bell, but I just had to say that he is ADORABLE!! Look at that face!! ;D

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

I'd probably redirect him to one of his toys. In our house the door with the bells is kind of far away from most of Ender's "play" areas so he actually has to walk there in order to ring it.
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JanCarkner Guest

Corby also has to go into a different room to ring the bell to go out so he mostly only rings it when he needs to go out. However, sometimes he wants to play with it instead, and when he does this, I make him go outside so he is reminded that ringing the bell = going outside. I usually go out with him but not always, and if he is playing with the bell and I put him out, I don't go out with him (and he doesn't like that!). Does that help?

When Miles gets to playing with the bells I just redirect him to something else and he usually forgets about it until he needs to ring it to go out.

Corby is a cutie!

JanCarkner Guest

I think that's Ender you're admiring! He is a sweetie ... Here's Corby - I'll have to figure out now how to add this to my signature!
    http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...rby3months.jpg

I did the same. If Mischa rings the bell, she went out wether she needed to pee or not. She eventually caught on that she went out every time she rang the bell. So when the play was in the house and she went to the bell just to play, the whole thing was interrupted to go outside. She caught on pretty quick to leave the bell alone unless she really did need to do her duties. The trick is to be consistent. When your guy goes for the bell, he goes outside. Yes it is frustrating for you to get up 30-40 times in the evening, but consistency will win out.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JanCarkner
    I think that's Ender you're admiring!* He is a sweetie ... Here's Corby - I'll have to figure out now how to add this to my signature!
    http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...rby3months.jpg
    OMG... he is GORGEOUS. To add him to your siggy I'd first reduce the size of the picture... something 400 megapixels wide is generally good for the forum. Then just put the IMG tags on the address like so...

Code:
    [IMG]webaddressofpictures[/IMG]
    ~Lindsay

He's precious!!