boat ramps?

Thread: boat ramps?

Defaultboat ramps?

Hello! Can anyone recommend any boat ramps for dogs? I see that there are several online and since they are rather pricey, I wanted to see what people recommended. Even if you have used one and it is crap, I would love to know that too. I have been looking at these, but can't tell which one easier for dogs:

www.doggydocks.com

http://www.doggydock.net/

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: boat ramps?

I can't offer much advice on the boat ramps for dogs. Most of the ones I have seen I feel don't work that well. Some of them have holes in the ramp and they're big enough for dog paws to get stuck in. Plus, floating ramps work okay--but the larger and heavier dogs have a problem since their weight tends to "sink" the ramps. Some of these have "floaters" that snap under the ramp to help keep the ramp floating--but after some use it can become loose or water-saturated and be less effective.

The best one I have seen you can find at this link:
    http://www.petclassics.com/WaterRamps/bbiramps.htm

Are you looking for one for recreation or hunting purposes?
    Good Luck!

I've been going to the lake for over 25 years, and I haven't seen anything worth talking about. Almost everything ive seen was custom made.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm confused, what kind of a ramp?
    Into the boat from the dock? Into the boat from the water? Does it have anything to do with boats? ???

If from the dock could you use a ramp like the ones for beds? or for getting into the backs of cars?
    For getting into the boat from the water is what i was recently wondering about. That would be a great feature to have when we take the dog out on the lake.

I was looking for a ramp to get the dogs into the boat from the water. I have 3 dogs over 90 pounds each and our swim platform sits pretty high off the water, so it is so hard to get the dogs in the boat. I just ordered on from petclassics.com, so I will let you know how it works. I definitely need something because my chocolate lab loves jumping off the boat into the water so he constantly wants back on the boat so that he can jump off again! :-)

Tangelo how did that swim ramp/deck dealy work out for your dawwgs?

Have you ever thought of a ladder? Our old guy would just climb the ladder out of the pool and jump again. Maybe it would work with the boat too

Here is a "diy" ramp made for the end of your dock. I have used the original "doggydock" and it worked well with most dogs. Problem was that my timid female chocolate liked the "fixed" ramp much better. She also does not like hardwood floors(ever since she slipped and fell down our at home). If your dog does not like to walk up stairs, or walk on hardwoods, the original doggiedock might not work. I've looked at the "pontoon" type dock listed above and it seems to be your best bet if you want an all around portable dock to use on a boat or a dock. That $285 sticker price seems a little steep.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/lp_dog...893948,00.html

Good Luck.