Dog Walker

Thread: Dog Walker

DefaultDog Walker

I found a lady that lives within a mile of my house that earns a living taking dogs out while their families are at work. She's coming over today to meet Miles and learn our routine and she will start tomorrow when I go back to work. I plan to have her come 2X per day until Miles is 3 months then just once per day. I hope it works out. It sure takes a load off my mind not having to worry about when I can get home to let the little guy out. I get a lunch hour, but it isn't always necessarily mid day. It could be at 11:00 or it could be at 2:00 or even. My husband works too far away to make a run home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Walker

Sounds like a good idea especially if her rates are reasonable. If all she is doing is letting the pup out and playing for a bit she shouldn't charge much. Obviously the prices will go up when he is old enough for walks.

She came today and she's really sweet and she loved Miles and her. For puppy potty breaks she only charges $5 per time. She'll feed him lunch on one of them and play with him a bit. Seems like a deal to me. For older dogs, walking, she charges $10. Still a deal to me. By then she'll only have to come once a day. I feel so much better!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MilesMom
    She came today and she's really sweet and she loved Miles and her.* For puppy potty breaks she only charges $5 per time.* She'll feed him lunch on one of them and play with him a bit.* Seems like a deal to me.* For older dogs, walking, she charges $10.* Still a deal to me.* By then she'll only have to come once a day.* I feel so much better!
    You are getting a deal. The going rate in my area is $30/day for 2 visits (and 1 visit isn't an option).

Great deal!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Yep. Good deal. Seems very reasonable.

The going rate in my area is $30/day for 2 visits
    $150 a week?

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Yep. Good deal. Seems very reasonable.

The going rate in my area is $30/day for 2 visits
    $150 a week?
    Yes ... but everything is high where I live. I have a dog walker who will work for me on an "as needed" basis ... basically on the occasional weekend when we are away for the day, etc. It's worked out great, but yes, it's expensive.

I thought it was a deal. Especially for my peace of mind. Just today, I was scheduled in back to back meetings starting at 9:00 am through 3:00 pm. What am I going to say "uh, I can't attend this meeting because I have to let my dog out?" So, I feel very fortunate to have found her.

I love this idea. Think I'll look around here and see if I can find someone who does this; if not maybe a new job is being created! Right now when I work a long day shift I take my dogs to "doggy day care" it's great in that they get to play and socialize with other dogs but the cost adds up ($17.80/day for both) and the inconvience of having to take them each am (takes almost as long to de-dog hair my clothes afterwards) and pick them up.