pooh eating+going in her bed 2 pooh

Thread: pooh eating+going in her bed 2 pooh

max

Defaultpooh eating+going in her bed 2 pooh

? 4 my puzzled mother she as a 6mth old yorkie who is partly housetrained as she still as the odd wee in the house after she as been taken out 2 do her buisness. any ideas y she might do this, also she will gointo her bed and pooh+if your not quick enough she will eat it. any1 got any ideas y she would want 2 do it in her bed! she doesnt eat any other dogs pooh just her own. shes been wormed and shes not hungry..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: pooh eating+going in her bed 2 pooh

There are many reasons why dogs eat poop. It could be because she is lacking something in her diet. It could be because she likes the taste. If she is pooping in her bed, she may be eating it to get rid of the evidence. Generally speaking dogs will avoid defecating in their eating and sleeping areas so 'clearing up' a messed bed is not uncommon.

You say she is "partly" housetrained? could you elaborate? I would only expect a dog to be 100% reliable if it is FULLY housetrained. If she is only partly trained, or you are in the process of training, you can expect accidents to happen especially if she is not crate trained.

max

DefaultRe: pooh eating+going in her bed 2 pooh

sorry i didnt make it clear by saying bed her bed is her crate,she is crate trained and loves it in there but that is where she poohs not when she is locked in but after shes been out 4 a walk+do her 1s+2s but she just seems to wee by the back door not long after shes been in. She seems to wait till shes back indoors before relieving herself but other times she will wait 2 be let out. told mother she's a funny little dog, should have had a lab ;D