coughing

Thread: coughing

Defaultcoughing

so I finally brought home my new puppy, Maebee. She is very sweet and obedient and I couldn't be happier. I have one question tho. Today she started coughing, and sometimes she gags and spits up...has this ever happened to you? What should I do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: coughing

How long has Maebee been home with you? Off the top of my head I'd guess kennel cough. She should see her vet to make sure.
    Its all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack

Shes been home for 2 days. I plan on taking her in a week to get her stitches out, should i go earlier?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

stitches??

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MilesMom
    stitches??
    As I recall Maebee was coming from a rescue organization. Probably are stitches from spaying.

If the coughing and gagging continues, I would call the vet. I'd be afraid that coughing might hurt the incision, or worse, cause the stitches to come out.

Good luck w/ your new baby. Post pictures when you can!

Weird that you post this, because I am taking Petals to the vet today. She started to cough just like you describe on Friday. I had a puppy with Kennel Cough and it reminds me of that. From what I remember it is Kennel Cough. I told the doctor and she wants to see Petals. I will let you know what my doctor says

Well it was what I thought. Petals has Kennel cough. We got some antibiotics and got sent home with a "don't let your dog go around any other dogs" warning. Petals isn't coughing as much now but we have about 2 more weeks of medicine before she can go to the park again.