KONG stuffing

Thread: KONG stuffing

DefaultKONG stuffing

Hi All

Now I finally got Tasman interested in the Famous KONGS he has the dental/puppy/classic and the biscuit ball I think they call it.
    Anyway when I stuff them with kibble nothing seems to come out am I doing something wrong???
    What do you stuff them with?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: KONG stuffing

Well, I'm not sure what you are doing. I take the kongs and put a couple of pieces of kibble down in them to close the smallest hole. Then I stuff them w/ applesauce or mashed bananas. You can also stuff them w/ plain yogurt, canned dogfood, mashed greenbeans ... whatever you think your dog will like. Then you can "close" the end w/ peanutbutter or cream cheese. I always like to stick a couple of pieces of kibble on that end too -- or a dog biscuit, just for an extra treat. Then FREEZE them. This part is important because it helps the kong to last a long time w/ your dog.

Hope that helps.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Here's some recipies from the Kong Website:

BANANA RAMA:

1 fresh banana
    2 tbs wheat germ ·
    1 tbs plain yogurt (can use your pet's
    favorite flavor as well) ·
    Any KONG Toy that best fits your pet's
    chewing temperament.

In a bowl, mash up banana. Then, add wheat germ and yogurt. Mash all ingredients together and use spoon to add to KONG. Freeze for 4 hours. Makes 1 serving for Medium KONG. Double for every KONG size that is bigger.

Cheesy Dental KONG Delight:

3 Slices of your pet's favorite cheese.
    Any Dental KONG toy

A very simple and creative way to make any pet drool in delight. Just place the three slices of cheese directly into the grooves of your pet's Dental KONG (if model has rope - make sure cheese does not get onto it). Melt in microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Give to pet after it cools.

Fruit Salad:

Apple and carrot chunks
    1/4 of a banana
    Appropriate KONG toy

Place apples and carrots in KONG toy. Mush the bananas in large hole to hold fruit in place. You can include other fruits and veggies: orange slices, peach and/or nectarine chunks, celery sticks, broccoli and/or cauliflower, tomato and black olive mixture.

Frozen Jerky Pops:

Peanut butter
    Bouillon
    Jerky Strips · Water
    Appropriate KONG toy

Muffin tin. Smear a small amount of peanut butter over small hole in your KONG toy. Fill with cool water and add a pinch of bouillon. Place a Jerky Stick inside KONG toy and freeze. This can also be put (once frozen) in a children's size swimming pool for a fun day of fishing for your pet.
    - by Terry Ryan

As you can see, there are lots of combinations for the Kong. Use what your dog likes. Rider was always a fan of bananas, apples, carrots & kibble forzen. He's beyond the busy stage and would rather nap during the day.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Ender LOVES the bananarama... and it's healthy too.

Though I use cream cheese instead of peanut butter now because I'm convinced peanut butter gives him loose stool.... just a theory of mine.
    ~Lindsay

Thanks for that! I will make a batch later today and see how Tasman likes them...

THANKS GUYS

I'm going to try these new recipes for Jack I think peanut butter bothers his ears so I'll try cream cheese

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

So.... did Tasman like it? ;D
    ~Lindsay

I made the banana rama yesterday and gave it to him in the afternoon when my kids came him from school. I did not hear him for a good 40minutes, so I am definately going to try some more recipies this weekend! Thanks for your help (again) guys. ;D ;D