Crate size

Thread: Crate size

DefaultCrate size

Hi all!

I have a question on crate size. Lucy is 13 weeks old and right now still sleeps in the crate we used for our Shi Tzu. Her head hits the top now, but she can still turn around and lay down, but it won't be long now until we move up to a bigger crate.

I have read that labs need a 42" crate. My question is, the vet said she is going to be big. (Yes, I've heard a million times, "look at her feet!") Mom was 95 lbs, Dad 105+. Will a 42" crate be big enough or should I go with a 48" crate?

Thanks!

Kristy
    and Lucy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Crate size

Ender is goign to be huge as well (about the same estimates as your pup I hear) so I bit the bullet and got the 48" one. It is HUGE... I'm thinking maybe the 42" would have been enough but I'd rather go too big than too small.
    ~Lindsay

Mine's big too. I went with a 42" crate. It was enough for him...but after 7 mos., we didn't use it anymore at night, and after 9 mos. didn't use it during the day anymore either; so it was big enough up until then.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I have a 42" and the box said up to 90 pounds. I'd go with a 48" based on that.

Kathryn Guest

Annie before she got sick was close to 107 and would more than fit in both of our 42" crates.