Puppy questions

Thread: Puppy questions

DefaultPuppy questions

Hi all, I have a couple questions for you guys.* Its been a while since I've had a pup around and I seem to have blocked out what it was like before
    How much do they usually sleep?* Today Quinn (8 1/2 weeks)* seems to just want to sleep.* She is up for about 20 minutes-1/2 hr and then sleeps for an hour.* *She slept through the night again last night from 10-5am.* Wasn't happy when I put her back in her crate, but settled until 7am. She is always hungry.* My other lab has never been an eater so this is strange.* She knows where the food is and will sit and yip at the bag.

Question 2, today she seems to be peeing more than usual.* We have had a couple accidents in the house (which I know is normal) but sometimes she seems to be squatting to pee and nothing happens (could she be just mimicking my other dog?)

I'm sure I'll think up some other questions but I think this is it for now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy questions

I think puppies sleep 16-18 hrs per day. Peeing a lot... I THINK that's normal... they hold it for longer and longer as they grow up.
    ~Lindsay

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

Sleeping is totally normal. I don't know about the peeing. When Bailey squatted for accidents in the house, it looked like a water tank came out Maybe there are drops that you can't see; maybe she's copying.

Your puppy is adorable, though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Puppies do sleep a lot and it sounds like the hunger issue is much more normal than your previous lab.

I would keep an eye on your puppy - she could have an UTI.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Young pups should be sleeping most of the day. You should let them sleep for as much as they want and yes, it is totally normal. They need a LOT of rest.

Most Labs are big eaters. They are first class beggars and scavengers. Again, this is normal, especially for a Lab. Just don't give into their demands. If you do, you will end up with a fat Lab!