List of Supplies/Products for New Puppy

Thread: List of Supplies/Products for New Puppy

pmsmith2032 is offline Junior Member

DefaultList of Supplies/Products for New Puppy

I am working on a list of supplies/products I need to order before we get our new lab puppy on the 25th and looking for some help. Here is what I have so far:

Dog Crate - Already have it from previous lab. It's big since our full-size lab use to stay in it.
    Puppy Food - Need to contact breeder to see what they use. Will probably change once we get her (gradually) so open to suggestions. Currently give our lab now Kirkland Signature Nature's Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Dog Food (which I believe is rebranded Taste of the Wild).
    Dog Treats - Currently give our lab Milk-Bone treats but open to suggestions.
    Collar - Need to order one. Any specific suggestions? Harness?
    Leash - Have a 6' nylon leash. Probably need a retractable, long one.
    Food and water bowl - Will need new ones. Have a slow feed bowl (with pattern inside) for our current lab because she eats so fast. Also thinking about open feed?
    Toys - Need to get some since we only have a few (our old lab doesn't chew much anymore)
    Toothbrush and toothpaste - Need sugguestions
    Brush - Currently have Furminator deshedding tool.
    Nail clippers - Currently have Bamboo nail clippers
    Bed - Need one
    Vehicle restraint system - Need suggestions

What am I missing? Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jyucht99 is offline Junior Member

I would say:

-A kong chew toy, they are awesome, will help keep your dog busy and from chewing up your stuff(hopefully). The kong extreme is what we got and its lasted for literally years.

-A dremel nail grinder for grinding not cutting nails. Much faster and easier than clippers if your pet turns out to not like having his paws touched. I wish I would have gotten this years ago! It would have saved me so many hours of my life. The one we got is made by Oster it's the "Gentle Paws" model.

-A doggie hydrant pee post, if your dog is a boy when he starts lifting his leg this can help to give him a place to mark and urinate that doesn't damage your things or grass. I put it at the edge of our lawn in the far corner and its helped prevent many arguements with my wife who is a serious gardener and very protective of her roses. This article might help: A Dog Fire Hydrant Potty Is Your Lawn's Best Friend

-A crate pad, this will make your dog's crate a soft comfy place to sleep and can double as a bed.(And they're cheaper than beds.)

-For a vehicle restraint system: you could always try a doggie seat belt that fits into the "buckle" of your seat belt. Some attach to your dog's collar. Or you may want to get a harness that a fits into the buckle. We went with the harness type. The one we got is made by "Pawaboo," it's fantastic.

Hope this helps!!!! Good luck with the pup!