Question about when you leave town

Thread: Question about when you leave town

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion about when you leave town

What experience do you guys have when leaving town and not taking your Lab with you?

I will be doing this when mine is about a year old (which wont be for another year yet) but was wondering what you guys do when your dog doesn't travel with you.

This is an international trip so I wouldn't be able to take him.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Question about when you leave town

We leave Jaida with either my parents or Shane's parents, and the one time they weren't available (our wedding) we kenneled her at PetSmart Pet Hotel. She did just fine there, but it was only a couple of days.

I have also left her with a friend for a weekend, and the only trouble I had with that was that my friend threatened not to give her back...LOL! Good luck!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatecoverdlab
    We leave Jaida with either my parents or Shane's parents, and the one time they weren't available (our wedding) we kenneled her at PetSmart Pet Hotel. She did just fine there, but it was only a couple of days.

I have also left her with a friend for a weekend, and the only trouble I had with that was that my friend threatened not to give her back...LOL! Good luck!
    Thanks...I will probably be leaving him with some friends who have a Golden retriever (Now 6 mos). Their dog is already spayed and mine would be neutered so there would be no hanky panky

If it works out that would be the best solution. I just want to make sure I have a back up plan...If I went away for a weekend it would be camping so my Lab would definitely come along!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

In July we are going to Vegas for 4 nights. Thankfully, we have two options.

If my mom is available, Ender will go spend the 6 days with his big 4 yr old brother (black lab). This should be great for him 'cause he was there inbetween coming from the breeder and coming home with us... 10-12 weeks old.

If that option is not feasible, Ender will go spend the 6 days with Eric's parents who do not have dogs but Eric's dad is in love with Ender and wants a lab of his own. He would also have Eric's sisters (ages 16 and 19) taking care of him. But... no doggy to play with so definitely not our #1 option.
    ~Lindsay