just got a pup
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just got a pup

Nik

Defaultjust got a pup

He is so cute and awesome. But, unfortunately, we picked a day when it is pouring down rain. He doesn't seem to like the wet grass yet (but apparently, he likes to eat it). I walked around with him on the grass for five minutes and nothing. I don't know if he just doesnt need to go or if he doesnt want to go on wet grass. He wouldn't go on the concrete either. Ok, nevermind, my fiance said he just went in the kitchen. Great. 0 for 2. Well, I guess now I know I need to STAND IN THE GRASS WITH HIM for as long as it takes. Wish this new lab owner luck!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: just got a pup

Good luck. Consistency is key. Sami picked up potty training w/in a week. Just keep taking him out and praise the dickens out of him when he goes (treats go a long way too!). He'll get the message! I highly recommend bell training, too.

Nik

Bell training. I'll look into that. He hasn't eaten any treats yet. All he's done so far is eat, sleep and poop. Hasn't played too much yet. I'm sure he's just adjusting. I'll be wishing for these days here in a few weeks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nik

Meet Denver!

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Holy moly, he's adorable.

Bell training is simple. *Just hang a bell on the door that you use to take your puppy outside. *Each time you go out, touch his nose to the bell. *Pretty soon they get the point. *Honestly, it's one of the best "tricks" we've taught Sami. *It might sound dumb ... but if you are in another room it's a great way for your dog to let you know when it needs to go out. * And your bells can travel wherever you go. *I use sleighbells that are on attached to a vertical leather strap that hang from the doorknob. *Really works great.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Oh my he's soooooooo adorable!!! ;D

Good Luck!!!
    ~Lindsay

Nik

well, this is going well. he woke up from another 45 minute nap and drank a little so we took him back outside (it hadn't been 90 minutes since he pooped). he never went and i stood with him in the grass for 2 minutes. he HATES his leash so he fights it and he never went more than 2 feet from my legs. well, we brought him back inside and was playing with him and he decided to pee inside. but, we are prepared for this and will push through to get him trained!

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

He is so precious

What an adorable lab baby! Good luck, I will be joining you as a new puppy parent in 6 weeks!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

He is a handsome looking Lab! Like others have said be consistent and he will come around. Keep us posted on your progress!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast