scratching

Thread: scratching

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Defaultscratching

Hi I'm new here, so excuse me if this has been covered many times and I have just missed it. Our "baby" is 3 months today, and just the best pup- but has a problem with scratching. Vet suggested changing her food, which we have done. Any other suggestion's from all you lab owners? Any help would be sooo apreciated. Thank's- Sammi's mom

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: scratching

What were you feeding? What did you switch to? A true food trial takes 8 -12 weeks to complete. You can not give your puppy ANYTHING except their food -- which can also be used for training treats.

I've done this twice now ... and I feel your pain!

ThatsMyGirl that is a gorgeous photo you have in your siggie!!

Sorry I got side tracked; we have been having problems with Tasman having little flakes
    in his coat at the moment. ( we are feeding Eukenuba LB puppies) I am adding a little bit of olive oil
    for the next 2 weeks see how that goes. Anyway if that does not work we are switching to Hill's science diet he is not that scratchy though...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

When we picked her up she was on Iam's puppy. Vet suggested switching her to the Eukanuba puppy ld. It seem's to have helped and it's only been 2 wks. so maybe we'll just stay the course for now. We are also very careful that she only get's her food, and maybe a piece of carrot or two, which she loves, for a treat. Have heard of some giving there dogs, vit e or flex seed. What do you know about that? Thank's for the input. Oh yeah when I figure it out I'll post a pic. she is growing so fast, and is such a joy! Sammi's mom